A memorable day, in so many ways.

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

A memorable day, in so many ways.

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am

Some of you may have seen my post about rain gear and our bass opener, which was last Saturday during that storm that pretty much covered most of NA. It was a crazy fun day, in a gale, that was cut too short by wind, rain and cold.
The aftermath has come now though. Upon gathering my tackle from the boat, my plano full of NorthStar swimjigs is missing. I can only assume that due to the wind, and the hasty runs we made from spot to spot, it blew out of the boat. For those not in the know, NorthStar made some awesome jigs, was defunct for a little while and is now under new ownership. The jigs? Probably, hopefully, the same, and just as good. But these were my original prized possessions, a gift from my wife, in masterful ploy that saw her mine my browsing history in search of a Christmas gift two years ago. What a shame.
They will be replaced, probably with new NorthStar jigs. I had posted on these awesome little gems with a specific trailer before, because I found that cut just right, they hunt side to side 3 or 4 inches on the retrieve. Just a killer spinnerbait surrogate on flatter, calm days. Great for numbers of LM, and big smallies. Humph.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: A memorable day, in so many ways.

Post by Bronzeye » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:22 am

That had to be a painful discovery! I hope the replacements will work as well.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:26 pm

What colors and styles were they? Asking because I have about 200 of their jigs and have been in contact with the new owner. Sounds like he is building away right now to increase inventory levels. Specifically he is working on adding swim jigs and flip and swims. Just going to take time as with any change of ownership especially where it moves from one state to another...MN to WI.
Last edited by Fishing4Fun on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Such a bummer! I covet my Northstar swim jigs...the baby bass pattern is an absolute knockout on my home lake.

I am hoping the new owner makes the pattern available in the flip and swim model.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:What colors and styles were they? Asking because I have about 200 of their jigs and have been in contact with the new owner. Sounds like he is building away right now to increase inventory levels. Specifically he is working on adding swim jigs and flip and swims. Just going to take time as with any change of ownership especially where it moves from one state to another...MN to WI.
Original Swim in most of the lighter shad and the gill colours. Liked the baby bass and sexy shad alot but had a soft spot for the pink and white one with a pink trailer. Probably abut 30 jigs. Varying weights.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 am

I am sure I can find another I like, but hope that NS is every bit as good as it was.
I'll be honest, I am glad it was that box, and not my flipping jigs that held countless colours and sizes from NS, in both the Knockout and Black series. That would have been horrible.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:13 am

Wow, about a $120 worth of swimjigs is a good amount. The website should be updated fairly often as to what is available as they are focusing hard on swimjigs based on demand. You should be able to find a few bluegill and baitfish colors on there to help hold you over until more are added.

The best jigs I have ever fished. Can't wait to see more color choices and more stock available to order!

I know I would go crazy if I lost mine :crying: