Pepper Clearwater Elite Spinnerbait - Opinions

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Pepper Clearwater Elite Spinnerbait - Opinions

Post by Bassmar » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Has anyone tried these and what are your impressions. They look like a great spinner bait at a decent price. Compact so they should be killer on smallies. However there are two negative comments on TW regarding the front blades not spinning. I have learnt over the years to take these "reviews" with a pinch of salt. :roll: I value the opinion of fellow TT's far higher. =D>
Any first hand experience with these?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Pepper_C ... WELSP.html

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Pepper Clearwater Elite Spinnerbait - Opinions

Post by Zimbass » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Hey Marek. I have not used these spinnerbaits, but do use the War Eagle Gold Screamin Eagle. Low profile, and the size of a 1/4 oz, weighing 1/2 oz.

They are superb, and would be ideal for your intended application.............trust me :lol:

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Zimbass wrote:Hey Marek. I have not used these spinnerbaits, but do use the War Eagle Gold Screamin Eagle. Low profile, and the size of a 1/4 oz, weighing 1/2 oz.

They are superb, and would be ideal for your intended application.............trust me :lol:
Hi Terry

Yes I have used them and agree with you. But you know how this tackle monkey works................. :lol:

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:19 pm

Pepper spinnerbaits are very good overall, the hook is exceptional and really the best I've seen on a spinnerbait. The war Eagles are good, but I find them to not be as durable as they could be, the lead head gets marred quickly and for me, after a few fish the wire eggs out the head. They do work though !

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:04 am

H8R wrote:Pepper spinnerbaits are very good overall, the hook is exceptional and really the best I've seen on a spinnerbait. The war Eagles are good, but I find them to not be as durable as they could be, the lead head gets marred quickly and for me, after a few fish the wire eggs out the head. They do work though !
Have you used the Clearwater Elites? Any issue with the front blades not spinning?

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:12 am

I haven't used that specific model yet, but will in a couple of weeks...maybe sooner.

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:17 am

Bassmar wrote:Has anyone tried these and what are your impressions. They look like a great spinner bait at a decent price. Compact so they should be killer on smallies. However there are two negative comments on TW regarding the front blades not spinning. I have learnt over the years to take these "reviews" with a pinch of salt. :roll: I value the opinion of fellow TT's far higher. =D>
Any first hand experience with these?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Pepper_C ... WELSP.html
I have used the Clearwater Elites. I use the Pepper Double Willow almost exclusively now, far more than the Elites or any other brand. I like others, like War Eagle and SOB, but I tried Peppers on a whim simply because they feature Gammy hooks and I had problems keeping fish hooked on a half dozen other brands. I don't think I'll be buying another spinnerbait w/o a Gamakatsu hook. I was sold after one day on the water with their double willow. I'm now Pepper Custom Baits addict and I have probably bought 40-50 different spinnerbaits, swim jigs and others since.

I'd say most of the spinnerbaits have been flawless, including the Elites. I did have a smallie peck a blade clean off one of my Elites once. As far as blades not spinning, I have not noticed this issue, but keep in mind I use the standard double willow far more often than the Elite, but that's more due to color choice. Also their smaller blades in general are ideal for me for Clearwater smallie fishing. I got hooked on two patterns and I have no reason to change. Once in a while I'll swap out the blades with different colored alternatives.

One thing I would recommend - buy replacement skirts. I have gone through over a dozen skirts on the exact same spinnerbait. Problem is not the lure, it's the pike that have destroyed it while bass fishing - but well worth it to me to sacrifice the occasional skirt for a surprise pike.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:22 am

Thanx for your review. I think I will pick up a couple with my next TW order.