Going to experiment with some new spinnerbait brands

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Going to experiment with some new spinnerbait brands

Post by mprestonSEK » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 am

I just placed an order at TW that included the following spinnerbaits as well as some other stuff I needed.

1. Revenge Deep Runner in 1/2 oz. Chartreuse Shad
2. Revenge Deep Runner in 1/2 oz. Chartreuse White
3. Eco Pro Rapid Fire in 1/2 oz. Chartreuse White
4. Nichols Elite Lo-Pro in 1/2 oz. Chartreuse White
5. V&M Big Easy in 1/2 oz. Chartreuse Shad

All of these are double willow blades.

I have always been a fan of War Eagle spinnerbaits but I wanted to see what else was out there. Once I get the chance to put all these spinnerbaits to use, I will put up some of my thoughts on them.

Does anyone want to chime in with their experiences with any of the spinnerbaits I listed?

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Going to experiment with some new spinnerbait brands

Post by godshippy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 am

You should give them a call and have them add one of the Damiki spinnerbaits. I love those things

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:23 am

Revenges have great components but put too small of blades on some
Models, IMO. If you like War Eagle but haven't tried the Trokar model, I'd recommend. Great hook, good components, and the wire/line tie has a full twist to avoid the dreaded war eagle straighten, bend back, and eventually break syndrome.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:37 am

I did the same thing back in the late 90s and all the baits I got I modified them so they all had double willows except for the Terminator ones, you couldn't change the bottom blade as the wire would snap back. I did it to see the difference blade spacing , head shape and size, and wire angles had on how the bait worked and if it caught fish and which conditions did one work better than another. I really like your way of thinking on this, I've been making my own since 1999 but I tried every brand to understand what each difference did to the bait and I found that even small differences can affect the way a bait works. when you get to use these try them on days when a spinnerbaits are getting hit and switch them around and see whicxh ones work better and then look at them and see what made one better than another.

finebassfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by finebassfisher » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 pm

The revenge blades are great baits. For myself at least, it's the only brand spinnerbait I throw after seeing better results with them, then anything I have used in the past.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:16 pm

So far I have l have fished a couple of trips with the Revenge blades. I've been really impressed with them so far. As small as the blades are, i did not expect them to put out as much vibration as they do. Quite a bit more compared to other blades of the same size. I caught a 6lb on the chartreuse Revenge on my last trip as well as some other fish in the 1-3lb range. The durability is really impressive with these spinnerbaits. After I caught the 6lb, I was expecting to have to tune the wire, but I didn't have to which was a pleasant surprise.

More updates to come when I get more time on the water.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 am

thanks for the update. i have several revenge spinnerbaits and they're gorgeous but i have never fished them yet. after reading how much you like them, i think i'll take them out. i also have several each of the eco pro rapid fire and nichols elite lo-pro but have not fished them yet either. i really hope the eco pro's work out well...i'm worried that california will ban lead fishing tackle so it'll be nice to know there's a good tungsten alternative. i love nichols quality and colors but i'm not not too crazy about the head design on the lo-pro's...it looks like the bottom of the head would catch a lot of weeds...i hope i'm wrong. anyway, keep us posted.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:13 am

Those Revenge blades do look very nice. I will have to try one out. Has anyone here tried the Picasso Inviz blades? They look right up my alley.

DaveJ

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:27 pm

I use 3 brands. War Eagles, Revenge and Strike King.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:12 am

I had the chance to fish the Eco Pro Rapid Fire. I really like how small the overall size is of this spinnerbait. I decided to try it out when I wasn't having much success with anything I was using. The blades are much more subtle in comparison to the Revenge DR. They put out much less vibration. However, they flash like crazy. I was able to reel it at whatever speed I wanted and it stayed Tru. On the sink the spinnerbait dives with the blades spinning just as they would if you were retrieving it very slowly. I was only able to get some bites from small bass. Later when I was at home I wanted to work on my Curado I, which is on my spinnerbait rod. I cut off the eco pro and was looking it over and discovered that the wire was looking out of place. I was able to spin the wire a complete 360 degrees. I have sent an email to eco pro about it, but have yet to hear back from them.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:04 am

did you ever hear back from eco pro? i had emailed them two weeks ago asking them to make the rapid fire spinnerbaits in more colors. jason emailed me back the same day.

i've read variously that tungsten spinnerbaits are very rare because tungsten is so difficult to work with.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:11 am

I never did hear back from them. I just sent them another email so hopefully they will respond this time.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:42 pm

21farms wrote:did you ever hear back from eco pro? i had emailed them two weeks ago asking them to make the rapid fire spinnerbaits in more colors. jason emailed me back the same day.

i've read variously that tungsten spinnerbaits are very rare because tungsten is so difficult to work with.
Can you give me Jason's email? I have tried using the Contact Us form on their website but haven't had any luck.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:18 pm

mprestonSEK wrote:Can you give me Jason's email? I have tried using the Contact Us form on their website but haven't had any luck.
PM sent

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:44 am

21farms wrote:
mprestonSEK wrote:Can you give me Jason's email? I have tried using the Contact Us form on their website but haven't had any luck.
PM sent
Thanks 21farms. He emailed me back within a matter of minutes and everything has been resolved.