Going to experiment with some new spinnerbait brands

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Dink Dawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Going to experiment with some new spinnerbait brands

Post by Dink Dawg » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm a big fan of Revenge spinnerbaits and have quite a few. The Deep Runner series have a blade(s) that do not rotate at slower speeds and requires the bait to move pretty fast to get the consistent rotation. For that reason, I use them in river current and for smallmouth where a fast retrieve is the deal.

Another bait that is well made and affordable is Peppers. One of the best baits I've used is the Ganns Stilletto but they only have one blade configuration. Smallmouth love the Ganns. You can't have too many spinnerbaits.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:39 am

Dink Dawg wrote:I'm a big fan of Revenge spinnerbaits and have quite a few. The Deep Runner series have a blade(s) that do not rotate at slower speeds and requires the bait to move pretty fast to get the consistent rotation. For that reason, I use them in river current and for smallmouth where a fast retrieve is the deal.
I've found the opposite to be true here with what you are saying about the blades rotating at slower speeds. I am able to slow roll a DR with no issues. Even on the sink the blades keep on rotating.

I would have to say that out of all the different brands that I have tried, the Revenge DR is by far my favorite.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:22 am

My favorite are Secret Weapon Lure spinnerbaits. Blades are easily interchangable and no bearing to go bad. TT reviewed them and scored them a 9.0
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsecretw ... inner.html

"These interchangeable blade attachments can be configured in seconds without the aid of any tools. The actual blades are uniquely designed to be free floating so they start spinning easier than frame mounted blades on traditional spinnerbaits, and we found that they also continue to rotate at lower speeds better than many conventional lures"

"We noticed that during our tests the SWL rolls over less than our traditional spinners. We attribute this to the higher position of the blades coupled with the fact that they are inline and free floating. When it came to fishing drops we also observed that both of the SWL’s blades would spin during the drop which is unusual, since with most spinnerbaits only the rear larger blade will rotate."

"Secret Weapon Lures, has a real gem on his hands with the radical SWL design. So good in fact that we are doing something we previously thought would be unachievable, awarding our esteemed TT Innovation Award to for a spinnerbait! "

mike304
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mike304 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:51 pm

I've been using Li'l Hustler the last couple years and really like them. They also make jigs, bladed jigs and buzzbaits.

http://lilhustler.com/