Mustad FasTach wobble head (use your own hook)

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Mustad FasTach wobble head (use your own hook)

Post by steve1206 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:33 am

Just got my first batch of these..was looking for a wobble head to use my own hook. Any feedback and anybody found another that they love?

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Mustad FasTach wobble head (use your own hook)

Post by steve1206 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:19 am

Anyone?

Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Quillback » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:19 am

I think they're over priced. I like the concept, but I won't pay $3.00 per head. I buy swing jig heads at Lure Parts, snip the worthless hook off they have, add a couple of #2 split rings (you have to do this to get the hook to set upright) and add a Gammie hook for much less.

If the Mustads were $1.00 each I'd snap them up. I like them, just too expensive.

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:32 am

I like this one from Echo Pro Tungsten better, due to the size, and the position of the clevis that hold the hook.
However some of the reviews were saying that its hard to change the hook but
I'll still buy a couple and I guess I will try the Mustad fas tach wobble head as well.

http://img.tacklewarehouse.com/new_prod ... B-BL-1.jpg

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Montanaro » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:38 am

Too expensive. I have some and regret it due to price. They work well but the wire will straighten out on a snag and you'll lose your hook and irreparably damage the jig head.

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:14 pm

I've been using various Owner twist lock hooks on my heads with great results. I think my bite to hook ratio went up when I started using these simply because they prevent the plastic from sliding down the shank and balling up. Although not pictured I think my favorite hook is the Zo wire flipping hook. I've not had any problems while using any of them though so it's basically personal preference.

cornmuse
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cornmuse » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:29 pm

Pegasus wrote:I like this one from Echo Pro Tungsten better, due to the size, and the position of the clevis that hold the hook.
These are great for finesse applications in 3/16 size, but they need a different hook. I like to use a 3.5" Smallie Beaver or 4" Yamamoto shad shape worm when fishing creeks and I'd prefer a lightish wire 2/0 hook that's easier to set with a ML spinning rod and 10lb braid. No problems with deforming the wire loops with this set- up - you'll break off long before you can do that. I've tried changing the hook out - if you use big clippers that cut the hook eye you can get there, but it's expensive and labor intensive. I agree that there needs to be a source for $1 a piece lead or $2 a piece tungsten with no hook, just a split ring. That's a product I'd buy in bulk....

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:32 pm

cornmuse wrote:
Pegasus wrote:I like this one from Echo Pro Tungsten better, due to the size, and the position of the clevis that hold the hook.
These are great for finesse applications in 3/16 size, but they need a different hook. I like to use a 3.5" Smallie Beaver or 4" Yamamoto shad shape worm when fishing creeks and I'd prefer a lightish wire 2/0 hook that's easier to set with a ML spinning rod and 10lb braid. No problems with deforming the wire loops with this set- up - you'll break off long before you can do that. I've tried changing the hook out - if you use big clippers that cut the hook eye you can get there, but it's expensive and labor intensive. I agree that there needs to be a source for $1 a piece lead or $2 a piece tungsten with no hook, just a split ring. That's a product I'd buy in bulk....
I am sure that will happen soon. At present these heads are still "flavor of the month" so the manufacturers are capitalizing on this and charging outrageous prices. Think of the Trokar hooks when they first came out. $9.99 for four hooks :roll: They still overpriced but not as bad anymore. When the wobble head craze dies down, so will the prices.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:40 pm