Favorite Spinnerbait

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Favorite Spinnerbait

Post by lape0019 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:13 am

tditox4 wrote:Come on guys!!!!!!........ lil' hustler all the way!!!!!!!
X2 in double willow blade configuration. I started off using these and never stopped. They are harder to find around here now though.

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Montanaro » Tue May 19, 2015 1:11 am

hookset on 3 wrote:Tackle Tour gave a 9.0 rating to Secret Weapon Lures Spinnerbaits. Furthermore, they also awarded them the Innovation Award, which is quite esteemed.

I'm very intrigued after reading the TT review.

Why is it that no one mentions them much, let alone, choosing Secret Weapon Lures as their favorite?
I have one. The loose hanging wire gets fouled a lot and the eyes came off.

I actually had to cut my braid once it was so fouled up in the bait at night. Not worth the hassle especially in tournament situations.

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:52 pm

John Puckett wrote:War Eagle 3/8 or 1/2 oz. in Spot Remover dual willow leaf.
Agree!

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:28 am

Montanaro wrote:
hookset on 3 wrote:Tackle Tour gave a 9.0 rating to Secret Weapon Lures Spinnerbaits. Furthermore, they also awarded them the Innovation Award, which is quite esteemed.

I'm very intrigued after reading the TT review.

Why is it that no one mentions them much, let alone, choosing Secret Weapon Lures as their favorite?
I have one. The loose hanging wire gets fouled a lot and the eyes came off.

I actually had to cut my braid once it was so fouled up in the bait at night. Not worth the hassle especially in tournament situations.
I've fished them for years and love the ability to change them up on the water. I've had 2 older, lighter wire ones break on me, but only after 75-100 fish, which is surely enough for anyone... I really haven't had issues with the blade wires failing at all. Eyes coming off? Probably on a few of them. I owned way too many traditional spinnerbaits when I started with Secret Weapon, and I still own a ton, but when I need to really limit the number I carry and the space they take up, a 3600 of Sectet Weapons gets it done. And I'm far more likely to try out various blade combinations to get it really dialed in than when I have to retie, or worse, start swapping blades on regular spinnerbaits, if I even have the blades and parts to switch out with me. They do have a different vibration and fall than regular spinnerbaits, and I think that probably works both for and against them at various times, but overall I feel like their advantages outweigh their disadvantages.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:40 pm

africanbass wrote:Had great results with Advantage spinnerbaits this last season.They are a tad costly,however you can order them with custom specs.
http://advantagebait.com/spinnerbait_details.html
X2on the advantage spinnerbaits as well. Probably the nicest spinnerbaits I've ever thrown. They just vibrate like crazy !

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:30 pm

barrys wrote:
africanbass wrote:Had great results with Advantage spinnerbaits this last season.They are a tad costly,however you can order them with custom specs.
http://advantagebait.com/spinnerbait_details.html
X2on the advantage spinnerbaits as well. Probably the nicest spinnerbaits I've ever thrown. They just vibrate like crazy !
dang they're expensive. does the performance justify the price? meaning r they twice as nice as war eagles since they're approx double the price

dan668
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dan668 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:40 am

Ive had good luck with war eagles. Has anyone tried the freedom tackle spinnerbaits?

cure-hb
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by cure-hb » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:29 pm

strike king for now, bought some megabass V-flat, not really like them.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Chode answer is pretty much yes...... The revenge spinnerbaits are no slouches either but all you have to do is take one look at the wire on the advantage and you'll see what I'm talking about. It looks like piano wire or something it's super thin and springy like.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:53 am

More times than not I throw a Terminator Titanium spinnerbait in either a white+accent color or firetiger/chartreuse color. I will change blades depending on what speed/depth is working best. The blades that come on them are usually pretty nice.

However, if I had to pick my true favorite spinnerbait, it is this custom one I have made up:

This contraption was just something I toyed around with over a number of years until I got just the right combination of parts and low and behold it is fantastic. I have caught nice bass on it when no other spinnerbaits would get even a sniff. I have caught walleye on it. I have caught huge pike on it. It can be fished as slow or fast as you like. It even doubles as a buzz bait if you bring it to the surface.

It consists of a Terminator Hybrid Blade spinnerbait (good luck finding one now-a-days) that I have removed the blade and skirt from. I then put on a Lunker Lure Vibratron blade and a 5.5" Silver Swim Senko in natural shad that I nip about 1/2" off the front.
https://www.lunkerlure.com/store/index. ... -pack.html
http://www.basspro.com/Gary-Yamamoto-Sw ... uct/90828/

I have tried countless other swimbait trailers, and they will all catch fish, but the Swim Senko just seems to be way better, even when the tail gets bit off. It doesn't make any sense for since it is a pretty fast moving bait.

It is easily the best Pike bait I have ever used. You can catch them on the top or sub-surface. If one swings and misses while you are buzzing it just let it dive for 2-3 seconds then start going again and they will almost always take it underwater. I do not get the same results with a standard buzzbait.

I only have 2 left and don't know what I will do when I inevitably lose them.

DaveJ

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:33 am

I like the looks of that spinnerbait. Swimbaits as spinnerbait trailers do seem to garner more interest from walleyes and pike than those without.

jtgibso1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jtgibso1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:40 am

that's an interesting concept there!

i like to fish war eagles or terminator t1's with homemade skirts

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:48 pm

hildebrandts are hard to beat.

PINEKNOT
Angler
Angler

Post by PINEKNOT » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:01 pm

War Eagle

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:39 pm

John Puckett wrote:War Eagle 3/8 or 1/2 oz. in Spot Remover dual willow leaf.
I so have to agree, this is a fantastic Spinnerbait, and color. I also really like Daimiki Spinnerbaits.