Z-Man at it again, no USA Megabass Wild Header

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Z-Man at it again, no USA Megabass Wild Header

Post by Teal101 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 am

Per Tacklewarehouses forum the Megabass Wild Header will currently not be brought to the USDM market due to legal circumstances, IE Z-Man is going after Megabass now too. It's a shame, I was looking forward to grabbing a few of these.

http://talk.tacklewarehouse.com/showthread.php?t=3954

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Z-Man at it again, no USA Megabass Wild Header

Post by smalljaw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:12 am

I don't think Z-Man has gone after them, I bet Megabass is aware of Z-Man going after others and knowing their bait has the exact same blade size and shape they probably figure they will get sued if they bring it here.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:19 am

Either way, one look at the Wild Header and you can see that the blade is too close. It looks like a well-made bait, but the color choices I saw look pretty limited and the price is a little high. You should just buy them from Japan when they are available.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:29 am

toddmc wrote:Either way, one look at the Wild Header and you can see that the blade is too close. It looks like a well-made bait, but the color choices I saw look pretty limited and the price is a little high. You should just buy them from Japan when they are available.
I thought the price was actually reasonable for the current market, especially for a MB bait.

I got word that it was initially going to be a JDM only bait and that Megabass currently has not cancelled an US release.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 am

Teal101 wrote:
toddmc wrote:Either way, one look at the Wild Header and you can see that the blade is too close. It looks like a well-made bait, but the color choices I saw look pretty limited and the price is a little high. You should just buy them from Japan when they are available.
I thought the price was actually reasonable for the current market, especially for a MB bait.

I got word that it was initially going to be a JDM only bait and that Megabass currently has not cancelled an US release.
The blade only adds a few cents to a jig. This is all that a "bladed jig" is. You can make your own with good quality components for about $2. I'm sure that they will sell a lot if they add some colors because some people will buy a dirty toilet seat with a JDM logo on it. It does look like a quality bait though. I like the way they filled the gap on the eye of the hook so that the blade won't get stuck.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 am

As beat as it can be, intellectual property should and needs to be protected. You wouldn't want your work lifted by somebody else. There are quite a few ways to work around it or you could pay the royalty, make a better product and let the anglers make the choice.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:41 pm

I have seen them in person and they are VERY nice. Love the hook keeper. Signature MB detailing and just a good looking bait.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Gave the Wild Header a test run today.Firstly the finish and hook quality are top notch.
They tend to 'hunt' more than any other bladed jig I have ever used.Makes for an erratic action on the retrieve.
The only problem is that it tends to spiral at higher speeds :? (think scatter rap but not as pronounced)
Great for medium/slower retrieve speeds,does not enjoy being burnt.

Ong Jim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ong Jim » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:38 am

toddmc wrote:
Teal101 wrote:

The blade only adds a few cents to a jig. This is all that a "bladed jig" is. You can make your own with good quality components for about $2. I'm sure that they will sell a lot if they add some colors because some people will buy a dirty toilet seat with a JDM logo on it. It does look like a quality bait though. I like the way they filled the gap on the eye of the hook so that the blade won't get stuck.
That is funny. I remember when the Luck-e-Strike RC STX came out and everyone was in an uproar.

I agree that it looks better but it is CHEAP to make your own. I actually take similar blades and attached it to a 3/4 oz football jig head held on by 2 split rings and craw it in 50+ feet of water. That is something no manufacture have done, I think.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:10 am

I would actually buy a Megabass or Evergreen toilet seat if they ever make one.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:20 am

The Wild Header is NOT just a jighead with a blade. Its not a jighead at all. It is completely different than most in that regard. In addition the head design is unique in both size and shape as well. The keeper they put along the hook shank is a very useful addition and all in all this bait does some things other bladed baits do not. I throw mine on a 7.3 reel and have not noticed any rolling etc either. They have been fine in heavy cover as well. I like it a lot and it will be great if they get to be offered here in the U.S.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:55 am

I have a few on order in 1/4 & 3/8 this week and cannot wait to try them out. I have to agree that the head looks alot different than anything you can make molding or modification from your jig heads. The wire eye feature alone is worth the investment.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:19 am

Pen3 wrote:I would actually buy a Megabass or Evergreen toilet seat if they ever make one.
Would you buy a used one? If yes, you are a true JDM addict and it may be wise to shut down your ebay account. Seek help or go fishing! :D

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:41 am

toddmc wrote:
Pen3 wrote:I would actually buy a Megabass or Evergreen toilet seat if they ever make one.
Would you buy a used one? If yes, you are a true JDM addict and it may be wise to shut down your ebay account. Seek help or go fishing! :D
Well then i would like to see your more superior version of the wild header that you made with only $2.

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 am

Johnny A wrote:As beat as it can be, intellectual property should and needs to be protected. You wouldn't want your work lifted by somebody else. There are quite a few ways to work around it or you could pay the royalty, make a better product and let the anglers make the choice.
I totally agree...of course it wasn't Z Man's idea to begin with...they lifted the concept too. Bums me out that they were the ones that filed for the patent and use well below par components.