Custom Jigs wanted

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Pittsburg, KS

Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mprestonSEK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:04 am

Does anybody know of a company or person that can make me a hand tied version of a Strike King Bity Flip jig? I really like the size of the jig in tougher conditions but what I don't like about them is the quality issues. Any help is appreciated.

Mike

mmarkinma56
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 pm
Location: madera ca.
Contact:

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mmarkinma56 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 am

If cadman is on this board i bet he can help you And your right about skrike king products when it come to banding skirts ](*,) lol

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Pittsburg, KS

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mprestonSEK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:27 pm

mmarkinma56 wrote:If cadman is on this board i bet he can help you And your right about skrike king products when it come to banding skirts ](*,) lol
Exactly. That as well as the warped and crooked jig heads that you sometimes get. I know they're only $1.89 a piece, but that doesn't mean that quality should be an issue.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1968
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:51 am
Location: East Centrl Pennsylvania

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby smalljaw » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:59 pm

I make jigs and spinnerbaits as well as hair jigs and I can tell you the bitsy flip is going to be expensive for a custom guy to make as it requires a custom mold, there isn't a stock head design available that is close to it.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Pittsburg, KS

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mprestonSEK » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:29 am

smalljaw wrote:I make jigs and spinnerbaits as well as hair jigs and I can tell you the bitsy flip is going to be expensive for a custom guy to make as it requires a custom mold, there isn't a stock head design available that is close to it.

Yeah I can see that being expensive. It doesn't necessarily have to be a custom molded jig. If I am able to find somebody that can do it, there are jigheads made by BOSS(Finesse Flip Jigheads) that they could use. I really just want the small profile of the Bitsy Flip.

cadman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby cadman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:35 am

mprestonSEK,
I sent you a PM on some options.

mmarkinma56
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 pm
Location: madera ca.
Contact:

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mmarkinma56 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:49 am

Is the do-it mold bass-3-ay mold a close fit to that style jig head 1/4oz 3/8oz 1/2oz sizes

cadman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby cadman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 am

mmarkinma56 wrote:Is the do-it mold bass-3-ay mold a close fit to that style jig head 1/4oz 3/8oz 1/2oz sizes


Mark, it's close however most all of the bass jig molds Do-It sell are all 1/4 oz and bigger. Anything smaller than 1/4 oz and the selection is very small and limited.

mmarkinma56
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 pm
Location: madera ca.
Contact:

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mmarkinma56 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:23 pm

That mold is pretty much dead on to the strike king jig I look at the strike king bity flip and they make there jigs in 1/4oz 3/8oz & 1/2oz finesse flipping jigs. mprestonSEK send me and address and zip.Ill custom build and handtie sample finesse flipping jigs with that same hook design and use custom fiberguards for finesse flipping jigs and custom powdercoated multi colored jig heads.There be no charge to you. You wont see these multi colored jig heads from any other jig manufacture these are custom powdercoated by me.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1968
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:51 am
Location: East Centrl Pennsylvania

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby smalljaw » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:00 am

mmarkinma56 wrote:Is the do-it mold bass-3-ay mold a close fit to that style jig head 1/4oz 3/8oz 1/2oz sizes



That isn't close, the bitsy flip is round while the bass jig has a flat surface, but after looking it appears the banana jig is very close but you would need to add a wire keeper as that jig has a ball collar but then again, so does the bass jig.

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby NJ Jigman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:10 am

I make jigs finesse, football, hair would be willing to help. I have pic's posted in this section good luck

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby NJ Jigman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:56 am

The boss sparkie head looks very similar FYI nice stout hook and keeper 60* line tie

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Pittsburg, KS

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mprestonSEK » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:06 am

NJ Jigman wrote:I make jigs finesse, football, hair would be willing to help. I have pic's posted in this section good luck

I will have to give them a look. Thanks.
NJ Jigman wrote:The boss sparkie head looks very similar FYI nice stout hook and keeper 60* line tie

Yes they do look very close.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Pittsburg, KS

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mprestonSEK » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 am

mmarkinma56 wrote:That mold is pretty much dead on to the strike king jig I look at the strike king bity flip and they make there jigs in 1/4oz 3/8oz & 1/2oz finesse flipping jigs. mprestonSEK send me and address and zip.Ill custom build and handtie sample finesse flipping jigs with that same hook design and use custom fiberguards for finesse flipping jigs and custom powdercoated multi colored jig heads.There be no charge to you. You wont see these multi colored jig heads from any other jig manufacture these are custom powdercoated by me.

I attempted to send you a PM but was unable to do so. It said that your PM feature had been turned off. Is there another way to contact you?

mmarkinma56
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 pm
Location: madera ca.
Contact:

Re: Custom Jigs wanted

Postby mmarkinma56 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 pm

my pm is updated now


Return to “Jigs/Spinner/Buzzbaits”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest