If you could pick just ONE jig...

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: If you could pick just ONE jig...

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:29 am

Im a big Revenge fan so a 1/2oz Revenge flippin jig in green pumpkin with a xcite baits raptor chunk in green pumpkin would be the one. Seems to never get hung up at all. The Northstar flippin jigs were nice looking but the weedguard was way to soft, always getting hung up. Work well in light cover but after the hurricanes we have had I need something that will come through heavy wood clean. All Terrain Tackle Rattling AT jig is a close second.

finebassfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by finebassfisher » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:15 pm

It's a custom on called a cooches wada jig. hand tied, great skirt And by far out fishes every jig I've tried.

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:38 am

3/8 oz Keitech Tungsten Model 1

mmarkinma56
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mmarkinma56 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:11 pm

I would have to say building custom bass jig for 37 years now there always new styles to come up and it never gets old from custom powder coating too special ordering custom silicone skirting material custom fiberguards you can build what you want for yourself and your customers my favorite are building one off bass jigs for customers in custom colors they pick out and will only be fishing by them.

G3Steve
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by G3Steve » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Mine would be a 1/2 poison tail jig with a watermelon skirt and matching keitech swing impact fat.

Good for dragging, swimming, flipping and pitching.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 am

I don't know about one but just found my new favorite jig supplier.....True South Custom baits. Just sick football jigs, hand tied with awesome skirt colors. The price is very gentle on the wallet as well.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:14 pm

1/4 oz. Brovarney swim jig black/blue

Good351
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Good351 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 pm

frankdi wrote:My go to Jig is a black Pros Factory 1/2 oz Equip jig with either a black Zoom super chunk Jr or Conquistador Finesse Pro trailer in Summer craw. I started using small profile jigs about 3 years ago and love them. It has a very small hook, maybe 1/0. It hooks extremely well, I miss very few fish with it. Its compact enough to fish shallow and heavy enough to fish deep. Very versatile jig. For those that have never see one here is a picture.

This is what I fish it on. Any one of these Evolution sticks!

Dude! Are those diablos? I have a straight handle version diablo..such a sweet stick!

My favorite jig is the zorro casting jig with wire brush guard. Black and blue with a electric blue zoom twin tail twister.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:42 am

1/2 oz. Triple rattleback with a Chigger craw or chigger chunk. For footballs 1/2oz. Jewel football with powerbait curltail grub

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:45 am

Bass patrol jigs are hard to beat and they are cheap at $2.25 each.

vishus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vishus » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:20 am

3/8oz BRUSH JIG with a 4/0 Owner Deep Throat hook. I really like the textured skirt material. Don't need a painted head, found they were still catching bass with the paint chipped off, so why paint in the first place?

Best thing is I don't have to CHOOSE JUST ONE! I can throw them from 1/4-1oz. Brush guards when there is weeds, none when open water. I can wire tie any of a hundred different rubber skirts, You can tie your skirts mop style/finesse/skinny/fat... Tons of trailer choices... Primarily paca craws/beavers/or Hulagrubs... Lately I have been trying my "underwater frog" trailer with some solid fish (miss a frog fish? No second blowup on the frog? Throw this on a Texas rig in the area and BAM fish on... AND I can fish it as a CHATTERBAIT/spinnerbait/switchblade or even a bare jig with a Hula grub when I want a compact presentation...

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Fri May 23, 2014 3:58 am

I am very surprised that the Rodstrainer jig has not been mentioned.

Maybe it's because they are not widely available. Coyote Tackle and some California tackle stores carry them.

I prefer jigs with factory-installed rattles, hence my preference for the Rodstrainer. I like the TNT Wadda jigs, but they do not have rattles.