Paycheck baits Donkey Thrasher Anyone used it yet

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Paycheck baits Donkey Thrasher Anyone used it yet

Post by Snidley » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Has anyone used the Paycheck Baits Donkey Thrasher yet. Sort of a poor mans A- rig but resembles a multi baited spinnerbait. I saw it on Tackle Warehouses new products video. Surprise they liked it,but..... :?: :?:

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Paycheck baits Donkey Thrasher Anyone used it yet

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:10 am

I haven't used one but it will be the one i buy if NJ doesn't ban the use of it here. It seems to be more of a finesse rig, and i think it would be better for fishing clear pressured water, especially for smallies. if you fish clear water of super pressured lakes i would recommend it over the other larger versions

gabe
Angler
Angler

Post by gabe » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:17 pm

I used one that I got for a tournament on a lake with pretty clear water. Worked fine but only 4 baits makes a difference. Better suited for smaller swim baits and a more finesse deal. The baits flex in and out with the speed of retrieve. Wire is much thinner than normal A rigs but seems to be pretty durable. Hope this helps.

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:57 pm

NJ Jigman wrote:I haven't used one but it will be the one i buy if NJ doesn't ban the use of it here. It seems to be more of a finesse rig, and i think it would be better for fishing clear pressured water, especially for smallies. if you fish clear water of super pressured lakes i would recommend it over the other larger versions
x2