Size Of Blade On Gann Spinnerbait?

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
FishingFool
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Size Of Blade On Gann Spinnerbait?

Post by FishingFool » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:23 pm

My top willow blade somehow slip past the ring on a cast.... :crying:

I want to put back on the same size blade, but dont know which one it is. It's a 3/8oz spinnerbait.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Size Of Blade On Gann Spinnerbait?

Post by smalljaw » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:54 am

I make my own spinnerbaits so I'm not familiar with Ganns but most production model 3/8oz baits use a #4 or #4.5 willow. Get a catalog from one of the lure parts suppliers, they usually have a blade size chart that is the actual size of the blades, they are free and you'll be able to match the blade up. Another note, I don't know if you lost just the blade or if the swivel and all came off but some of the titanium baits have gaps on the swivel loop, terminators have this happen a lot. If that happened the bait is hard to fix as you aren't going to be able to bend the loop closed as the properties of the titanium won't let it bend without snapping back to the original form.
Barlow's Tackle

FishingFool
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FishingFool » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:48 pm

smalljaw wrote:I make my own spinnerbaits so I'm not familiar with Ganns but most production model 3/8oz baits use a #4 or #4.5 willow. Get a catalog from one of the lure parts suppliers, they usually have a blade size chart that is the actual size of the blades, they are free and you'll be able to match the blade up. Another note, I don't know if you lost just the blade or if the swivel and all came off but some of the titanium baits have gaps on the swivel loop, terminators have this happen a lot. If that happened the bait is hard to fix as you aren't going to be able to bend the loop closed as the properties of the titanium won't let it bend without snapping back to the original form.
The blade itself, somehow slipped itself out of the ring on the end of the ball bearing swivel. All I know is, I made a cast and instantly saw my lure take off funny. Then I see my lure hit water and I see something else hit the water farther out. Reel in and felt funny. Looked at the spinnerbait and was like wtf. This is my first spinnerbait too. At first I thought something broke. But upon further inspection, everything was there, except for the blade. :-k

Mark Hiser
Angler
Angler

Post by Mark Hiser » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:42 am

The Ganns 3/8oz spinnerbait uses a #4 willow for the rear blade. Sorry the thing flew off, it sucks when baits don't perform the way they should, we try very hard to have our baits do exactly what they should with out issues, but there are those rare instances when they fail. I sent you a PM.

Thanks
Mark Hiser
Sponsored by and representing:
Ganns Performance Tackle, Dobyns Rods, Costa Del Mar, Sunline