Falling spinnerbaits

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Ub2m4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Falling spinnerbaits

Post by Ub2m4 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 am

Was fishing 3 diff spinnerbaits today. All1/2 oz and all white. Only 1 caught fish all day. The bite was occurring on the fall in 8 - 10 feet of water in front of but not rt on dock edges that were on the edge of deeper water. What intrigued me was the incredible spin the Revenge spinner bait had. As soon as it hit theater the double willow blades began to spin. Bothe other spinnerbaits have been very good when the bite is on the retrieve but this was my first experience with fishing it like a jig. On inspection I failed to see any diff in the swivels and am curious to what other spinnerbaits will perform like this and what ideas other fisherman may have to help explain this.

Versatile Futurian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Falling spinnerbaits

Post by Versatile Futurian » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I have not seen a spinnerbait that performs better on the fall than the Death Shimmer 2. You definatly need to check them out. They fall level and you can feel every turn of the blade with that wicked arm. Has its own shimmy and vibration. Basically the only spinnerbait I throw any more. Revenge does make a great spinnerbait too. As does Booyah for a cheaper spinnerbait. Death Shimmer 2 is my no.1 though.