Basskwondo jigs?

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Basskwondo jigs?

Post by PaBass75 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:05 am

Just picked up a few of their brush jigs..
They look good and come equipped with Owner deep throat hooks, exactly what I've been looking for in a pitchin jig.
Basskwondo Penetrator.jpg
Basskwondo Penetrator.jpg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 5371 times
Anyone used them..? What did ya think?
Thanks in advance. :big grin:

Dale Meddock
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Basskwondo jigs?

Post by Dale Meddock » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:03 pm

These look like some awesome Jigs.
"Owner Cutting Point Hooks"
Just don`t get any better, Good Luck with them.
Maddoglures

db220
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by db220 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:32 pm

I picked up a couple of these was well as a few different trailers. I'm going to try them out this weekend.

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:00 am

They also have some really nice looking jigs on their website. Might have to get some.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:23 pm

$10 for two jigs then $10 to ship. You guys must be nuts! That's $10 a jig!!! I just wanted to try a pack of the flick stick at $3.99 and shipping was $10 alone! I'll stick to GYCB for that price. The shipping rate seems to go up as you add more to the cart too! I thought Basspro and Cabela's was bad.

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:10 pm

legendaryyaj wrote:$10 for two jigs then $10 to ship. You guys must be nuts! That's $10 a jig!!! I just wanted to try a pack of the flick stick at $3.99 and shipping was $10 alone! I'll stick to GYCB for that price. The shipping rate seems to go up as you add more to the cart too! I thought Basspro and Cabela's was bad.
I don't remember the shipping being too bad when I ordered..?
Regardless, we spend hundreds of dollars on reels, rods and line..
Why cut corners on the only part of our arsenals that the fish actually see?
That's my take on it anyway. :D

BASSFIEND
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BASSFIEND » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am

I had ordered a dozen and a half of these jigs but with silicone and rubber mixed.They looked great on the website.Colors are sick and I like the idea of coloring the weed guard to match.BUT..when I recieved them and opened up the packs I was disappointed.The rubber material seemed to push out the rest of the skirt in an alien manner.It just didnt look right to me.They looked like a bush of #$%*!Perhaps it just me..im a bit picky ,maybe even eccentric lol about my tackle.Im sure they woulda caught fish but they just seemed off to me with the top half of the skirt flailing up and over the head exposing the tied area.Perhaps the straight silicone would look better as its not as "stiff"? as the rubber. Too bad to cuz the hook is mint and I love that Picasso style head.
Anybody interested in a custom jig tier might wanna check out my new jig man.Wade at custombassjigs .com uses top shelf components and he aims to please.Pricing is reasonable and I absolutely love his football jigs.Highly rate the footballs and he makes a mean punch/flip jig.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 am

BASSFIEND wrote:I had ordered a dozen and a half of these jigs but with silicone and rubber mixed.They looked great on the website.Colors are sick and I like the idea of coloring the weed guard to match.BUT..when I recieved them and opened up the packs I was disappointed.The rubber material seemed to push out the rest of the skirt in an alien manner.It just didnt look right to me.They looked like a bush of #$%*!Perhaps it just me..im a bit picky ,maybe even eccentric lol about my tackle.Im sure they woulda caught fish but they just seemed off to me with the top half of the skirt flailing up and over the head exposing the tied area.Perhaps the straight silicone would look better as its not as "stiff"? as the rubber. Too bad to cuz the hook is mint and I love that Picasso style head.
Anybody interested in a custom jig tier might wanna check out my new jig man.Wade at custombassjigs .com uses top shelf components and he aims to please.Pricing is reasonable and I absolutely love his football jigs.Highly rate the footballs and he makes a mean punch/flip jig.

Should post pics......words mean nothing without proof. It's like me saying Loomis rods are crap because they always break with no pics.

Just saying so people can see what they get too. I don't own any of their jigs since I tie my own but just for those who are/were interested. :big grin:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:44 am

I can make 1/4oz to 1/2oz football jigs using that owner 5304 deep throat jig hook in 4/0 for a 1.50 and 1.00 to ship. That hook is not only tough but deadly, never lost a fish that was stuck with it.
Barlow's Tackle

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:42 am

smalljaw wrote:I can make 1/4oz to 1/2oz football jigs using that owner 5304 deep throat jig hook in 4/0 for a 1.50 and 1.00 to ship. That hook is not only tough but deadly, never lost a fish that was stuck with it.
Lets see some pics of those please?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Gblaze wrote:
smalljaw wrote:I can make 1/4oz to 1/2oz football jigs using that owner 5304 deep throat jig hook in 4/0 for a 1.50 and 1.00 to ship. That hook is not only tough but deadly, never lost a fish that was stuck with it.
Lets see some pics of those please?

This is just a football head nothing else. Sorry for my camera skills but I have an older camera so close ups aren't very good.

Barlow's Tackle

KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KillaBass » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 pm

niceee
https://www.youtube.com/@KeePReeLing

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:02 am

yeah- very nice-
Do you have a website?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Gblaze wrote:yeah- very nice-
Do you have a website?
No website Gblaze but if you'd like I can PM you my email. I have 87 different colors of skirt material so I don't think I'd have a problem getting a color you would like, I can also make just the head with or without a weedguard, painted or unpainted. I powder paint and then epoxy all my jigs and use silicone skirt material, I used to rubber but it melts and clumps after awhile.
Barlow's Tackle

basskwondo
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by basskwondo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm the owner of Basskwondo and I felt compelled to post on this thread. I just want to put the facts out there to clear up any confusion.

First of all, I really appreciate all my customers and ALWAYS build my jigs to the highest standards. Thanks to all of you for your continuing support.

legendaryyaj- Check the shipping calculator. $10 shipping is for customers in CANADA. Everyone in the lower 48 gets shipping for $5. Each additional item does cost .10 more but I ship all my orders via Priority Mail so the customer receives the order quickly. Also, only my jigs with Trokar hooks cost over $10/pair. The Penetrators being discussed retail for $8.99/pair. Shoot me an email with your address and the flick sticks you want to try and I will send you a FREE pack with FREE Shipping.

bassfiend- I am sorry that you were disappointed with your purchase. I bend over backwards to accommodate my customers. I wish you would have emailed me. The Trojan Series that you ordered is exactly like you described. That's how I make them on purpose. Don't the pics on the site show them perfectly? I think the straight silicone skirts would suit you better, or perhaps a custom skirt with frog hair rubber. I think if we had some personal communication that we could fix you up proper.

The specs on my jigs are listed on the website. After looking them over you will see what a bargain these serious tools for anglers demanding unfailing reliability really are. You will see the high end hooks, the generous amount of skirt material, the hand-tied wraps, powder paint, etc. etc. You can pay less, but you will get less.

Anyway, I won't be posting on this thread again. If you have any questions or comments, I will be glad to give them full attention over email at basskwondo@yahoo.com or over the phone at 580-704-6488.

THANKS!