booyah boo jig

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
thereeldreamer
Angler
Angler

booyah boo jig

Post by thereeldreamer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:13 pm

i was out fishing about 2 weeks ago and i was pitching my jig deep into trees and i was getting thumped on about every tree and my hook-up percentage was only about 15% and i have never had this problem with any jig. do any of you guys get this problem with this jig? i normally only stick to a few colors and after missing so many fish i switched up and went with my Dirty Jigs, same color and everyhing and i then started hooking more fish. not sure if the jig i was was using was a dud or what but i dont think ill be buying anymore Boo Jigs.
http://chrisitianburnsfishing.weebly.com

curls
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: booyah boo jig

Post by curls » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:45 am

I use them all the time and rarely miss a fish. I normally bend out the hook with strong pliers, maybe 5 degrees more than normal (at most). Also some superglue on the rattles and skirt so panfish or perch don't nip the skirt or rattles away. They're cheap, effective, and have some proven colours (to me anyhow!).

Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Locked » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:19 pm

You can also try trimming the weed guard.

thereeldreamer
Angler
Angler

Post by thereeldreamer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:43 pm

yeah i always trim the weed gaurd if needed. i just tried them again today and i picked up a different one and it worked a lot better. the whole weed gaurd fell of the other one and i think that one was just a very poorly made jig but the other that i bought had no problem and was able to catch just as much if not more than any of my other jigs.
http://chrisitianburnsfishing.weebly.com