Jigs with Trokar hooks

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
bnl
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Jigs with Trokar hooks

Post by bnl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:27 am

Hey everyone, just curious which jig companies are making jigs with Trokar hooks? I've seen a couple out there and I wanted to check to see what's out there.

I bought a couple of Basskwondo jigs with Trokar hooks and it is my first time handling these hooks and wow they are sharp. Pretty sick. I know it might be overkill to have a Trokar hook on a jig, but they were pretty reasonably priced for a hand tied jig with this hook, so I figured why not get a few.

Anybody using a jig with Trokar hook? What do you think of it?

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Jigs with Trokar hooks

Post by Somerdink » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 am

I never used and Jigs with trokar hooks but I have used Trokar hooks which I do like. I know War eagle is making spinnerbaits with trokar hooks let use how you like them.

NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NYBASSIN » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:45 am

bnl good call on the basskwondo jigs just took a look at them online and they look pretty nice even without the trokar hook and they say they will do custom work cant wait to get some custom basskwondo jigs.
What is you oppinion on the jigs performace aside from the trokar hook have you ever used any of there other products.Would appreciate any feedback you got for me.

bnl
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bnl » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:20 am

NYbassin

I think the basskwondo jigs are great. I use the penetrator style. It makes a great pitching jig for me and works great around grass and pitching to docks. Love the head shape and there are great stock colors.

As for custom, basskwondo does great work. I emailed Ben a picture of a crawfish from my lake and he produced a great custom color without any direction from me. It matches perfect. I also go custom on the hook choice. The penetrator typically comes with a owner deep throat hook, which is squared off. I prefer a round bend hook and Ben can do those with the penetrator and my experience has been perfect. About half my orders have been totally custom and I couldn't be happier. And when something hasn't been perfect, Ben has made it right with me. He is great.

And just so you know, I'm just a consumer, like you, not sponsored at all. Just love his jigs.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
BNL

NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NYBASSIN » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 am

bnl wrote:NYbassin

I think the basskwondo jigs are great. I use the penetrator style. It makes a great pitching jig for me and works great around grass and pitching to docks. Love the head shape and there are great stock colors.

As for custom, basskwondo does great work. I emailed Ben a picture of a crawfish from my lake and he produced a great custom color without any direction from me. It matches perfect. I also go custom on the hook choice. The penetrator typically comes with a owner deep throat hook, which is squared off. I prefer a round bend hook and Ben can do those with the penetrator and my experience has been perfect. About half my orders have been totally custom and I couldn't be happier. And when something hasn't been perfect, Ben has made it right with me. He is great.

And just so you know, I'm just a consumer, like you, not sponsored at all. Just love his jigs.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
thanks for the info man definately gonna give em a try,but i also want to try custom tying my own skirts hope it works out ok
BNL