replacement skirts

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

replacement skirts

Post by Derek777 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:32 pm

i have a whole ton of spinnerbaits and some jigs where the elastic band melted off and the skirt just fell off. looking at replacement skirts i saw that they were basically skirts plus band. how do you put that replacement skirt on the jighead/spinnerbait head properly? i know there must be a trick to it but for the life of me i cant see it.

Darkman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: replacement skirts

Post by Darkman » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 pm

I hope this what you need...it one way to do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAA0ta82 ... FE3F4C4776

Darky
Erick Prado....Peace

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 am

i really like strike kings perfect skirts for spinnerbaits. the longer inner strands hides a stinger hook nicely and act like a trailer because they have so much movement to them. my two favorite colors are smokey shad and original sexy. very natural and good for clear water. their bluegill is awesome and the chartruese/white is an old standby

Madbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Madbasser » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:48 am

Normally i just slide the hook into the center of the band. Slide the band all the way up onto the collar. Then adjust the skirt too my liking. Pretty easy.

As for the old one, just cut it off.

Bass Turd
Angler
Angler

Post by Bass Turd » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Just put the hook through the center of the band and push it up over the lock, if your looking for cheap skirts and good selection of colors I get mine from customfishingskirts.com

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:41 am

Should make your own skirt ;) I find it that the pre-made skirts don't have enough strands to my standards. Makes my spinner baits look bare. Same goes for some jigs too.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!