Why the love for WAR EAGLE spinnerbaits?

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
bladerunner
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Why the love for WAR EAGLE spinnerbaits?

Post by bladerunner » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:19 pm

I am NOT a spinnerbait afficianado... War Eagle spinnerbaits get mentioned EVERYWHERE on here. Can someone please explain in detail what it is about these that have people raving? (Besides being made in the USA).

Whats the deal - is there another brand of spinnerbaits that gets this much love? If so what? :-k
Last edited by bladerunner on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vuehouaxiong
Angler
Angler

Re: Why the love for WAR EAGLE spinnerbaits?

Post by vuehouaxiong » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:09 am

i dont know either,but ill take a guess.its all about that plain nickle and gold look.most of my sppinerbaits that still work for me(and better than new ones)have been the all bent up,dull color on head and paint chip here and everywhere.wareagle just has that menufactured out the box.it give them a subtle look instead of trying to look like something and one thing.that all nickle and gold look just seems to resemble lots of things with just a little shine with a color skirt.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 am

I am not a huge spinnerbait afficianado either, but I certainly do like War Eagles. I guess the bottom line is they just perform well. I'm not a big fan of the "plain" head, but it obviously doesn't matter in stained water and doesn't seem to be a detriment in clear water. They have quality components: mustad hooks, sampo swivels, and hand tied skirts that are partially trimmed short and also left extra long. The skirt gets a nice "flare" when you pump and pause the lure due to some of the short strands and being wire tied, and the long strands elliminate the need for a trailer. They have some great colors too. Finally, I'm not an expert in wire types and diameters on spinnerbaits (I know they play a part in the vibration) but the War Eagles I have fished give off a good thump.

Casca
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Casca » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:12 am

simply put,they catch fish. why? their castability,you can launch these. they retrieve great at any speed. the skirt patterns are cool and are hand tied with wire so they're durable. give 'em a shot. that many anglers CAN be wrong but I don't think this is one of those times. I did I mention they catch fish.
Attachments
DSCN0263 (Small) (Custom).JPG
DSCN0263 (Small) (Custom).JPG (37.95 KiB) Viewed 8432 times
DSCN0280 (Small).JPG
DSCN0280 (Small).JPG (54.89 KiB) Viewed 8432 times

tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tracker01 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:58 am

One word, "confidence". they work for me and that's all I need to know. At least till someone in my boat out fishes me with another brand of spinnerbait. Than we will re-visit "what works for me".

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:02 pm

They just don't hang-up in the weeds as often as others.

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:24 am

+1 on the castability and I'll add that they have little resistance compared to other spinnerbaits which
can feel like a double cowgirl at the 1/2 oz and higher weights. :lol:

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:19 am

tracker01 wrote:One word, "confidence". they work for me and that's all I need to know. At least till someone in my boat out fishes me with another brand of spinnerbait. Than we will re-visit "what works for me".
I have a bunch of them and lost them to Northern Pike :-s Loved them. Im going to have to order more of them, they did work the best for me anyways they really had a nice skirt and blade to them. Ganns also makes a good spinnerbait as well.

Mr SwimJig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mr SwimJig » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Great quality, great color and blade selection and very affordable. Overall just an outstanding spinner bait.

SJ

dman11
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by dman11 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:48 am

they catch fish more than any other spinnerbait for me.....Maybe the design but they get through weeds better and quality wise - they hold up fantastic. they can take a beating and keep getting bites

SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SC Bassin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:22 pm

They are well made & I catch a lot of fish on them. :D

vtbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vtbasser » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 am

Quality. Good hook, nice blades, tied on skirt. Good colors too. And check out their buzz baits. In fact, I think the buzz baits are better than their spinnerbaits.

Also, I catch a lot of fish on them.

Keep in mind, I don't think there is a company out there that makes the perfect spinnerbait for every situation. But about half of my collection is War Eagles.
www.hokiebass.com
Abu Garcia, Berkley, Trilene

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:43 am

Is there a particular model that works best? I noticed looking at the TW website that there are several different models available.

Casca
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Casca » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 pm

godshippy wrote:Is there a particular model that works best?
I'm partial to the Screamin' Eagles.

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by overdose » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:35 pm

i wonder if it's because of the nickle and gold head that attracts fish? :-k