Ganns jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Ganns jigs

Post by Eric Walsh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:55 am

Quick question for those who've handled and used the Ganns' jigs, does the wire keeper do a decent job
at holding pork trailers in place? If possible, maybe post a pic, would really help me get a visual - thanks,
Eric.

MikeLT
Angler
Angler

Re: Ganns jigs

Post by MikeLT » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:48 am

Eric, The trailer keeper is further up towards the head of the jig than where your pork craws or frogs usually "ride" on the bend of the hook. They are really geared towards keeping soft plastic trailers like double tails or beavers and such up on the shank of the hook rather than balled on the bend and covering the hook point after a short strike, They do their intended job VERY well. I have not had a plastic trailer pulled off the wire's yet.
If your fishing pork take a chunk of a used up Senko or a worm the length of the straight part of the hook shank and thread it on the hook and up on the trailer keeper like you would a a double tail and then hook your pork like you usually would. The chunk of senko will keep your pork down where it belongs and the wire will hold the chunk of senko up out of the way keeping it from pushing the pork up to the barb. Tight lines

Darkman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Darkman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

MikeLT wrote:Eric, The trailer keeper is further up towards the head of the jig than where your pork craws or frogs usually "ride" on the bend of the hook. They are really geared towards keeping soft plastic trailers like double tails or beavers and such up on the shank of the hook rather than balled on the bend and covering the hook point after a short strike, They do their intended job VERY well. I have not had a plastic trailer pulled off the wire's yet.
If your fishing pork take a chunk of a used up Senko or a worm the length of the straight part of the hook shank and thread it on the hook and up on the trailer keeper like you would a a double tail and then hook your pork like you usually would. The chunk of senko will keep your pork down where it belongs and the wire will hold the chunk of senko up out of the way keeping it from pushing the pork up to the barb. Tight lines
+1
Erick Prado....Peace

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks for the tip Mike, will give it a try. :D

bnl
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bnl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:25 am

Good tips on the pork.

Basskwondo makes a jig you might be interested in for pork trailer (and all trailers).

It has the Owner Deep Throat Hook which is squared off. Check it out: http://www.basskwondo.com/brushjig.htm

It would definitely keep the pork trailer where you want it and is an excellent overall jig. And Ben is great to work work and does a great job on all his jigs.

usblitzz
Angler
Angler

Post by usblitzz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 pm

+1 go with the Ganns jigs they are awesome ! I personally love the Hummer Jig That is my #1 choice :D

Also rig the piece of plastic worm as mentioned above A+

Mossy Oak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mossy Oak » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:29 am

bnl wrote:Good tips on the pork.

Basskwondo makes a jig you might be interested in for pork trailer (and all trailers).

It has the Owner Deep Throat Hook which is squared off. Check it out: http://www.basskwondo.com/brushjig.htm

It would definitely keep the pork trailer where you want it and is an excellent overall jig. And Ben is great to work work and does a great job on all his jigs.
Would those jigs do well in a lake that has almost 80% soft bottom?

MikeLT
Angler
Angler

Post by MikeLT » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:25 am

Eric Walsh wrote:Thanks for the tip Mike, will give it a try. :D

You're welcome :D

usblitzz
Angler
Angler

Post by usblitzz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Just thought anyone who likes or wants to try Ganns products you can now get them at Tackle Warehouse :D

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:26 am

Thanks for the heads up, TW is truly a beast. =D>

tehtuna
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tehtuna » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:13 pm

usblitzz wrote:Just thought anyone who likes or wants to try Ganns products you can now get them at Tackle Warehouse :D
I just wish they carried the hummer jigs.

usblitzz
Angler
Angler

Post by usblitzz » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:22 pm

I hope they pick up the Hummer Jig as well. Man that is all I need is another reason to to make a $50 order to Tackle Warehouse lol.

Madbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Madbasser » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 am

usblitzz wrote:I hope they pick up the Hummer Jig as well. Man that is all I need is another reason to to make a $50 order to Tackle Warehouse lol.
Another vote for the Hummer!!
And if i could only spend 50$ i would be in heaven. I can't close the shopping cart till 100$ at least. :lol: