Mac Squid

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
gyro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Mac Squid

Post by gyro » Sun May 04, 2003 8:24 pm

Can u use the Mac Squid from shore....for instance, when i'm fishing for trout from shore in a deep moving river using 4 lb Maxima and my lure gets stuck, will the Mac Squid be too heavy and break my line especially from an almost horizontal angle? If so, are there any other lure retrievers that you would suggest for light line from shore?

Thanks. Just lost my favorite lure today :( so I'm considering investing in a lure retriever.

bitesize
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Mac Squid

Post by bitesize » Sun May 04, 2003 8:39 pm

From what I got out of the review I don't think you can use it from shore.

"Mac Squid, a new lure retrieval system designed to help get your lure back while fishing from watercraft."

And it says it works best when you're right above the snag.
I think that's true with ALL lure retrieval systems I have seen being sold.

"1) As best as you can, maintain your fishing line in a vertical position directly over where your lure is snagged"

The smaller sized retrievers might be your answer gyro. The ones with the double rings and a weight on it. But again, I think most are designed to be used from a watercraft.

gyro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gyro » Sun May 04, 2003 10:00 pm

thanks bitesize. :lol: Guess i'll just have to bring my waders next time.

bitesize
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bitesize » Mon May 05, 2003 11:25 am

Or you can go for a nice swim! :lol:

fongkin
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by fongkin » Tue May 06, 2003 9:56 pm

Hi there,

I think the Tackle Back will be able to solve your problem. It has 2 version the light and the heavy. I had both and though the heavy one is for use on boat, it's ok with me from the shore. Just keep your line tight... and pray it does not snag on some net like structure!!

If i'm not mistaken this product is from Australia..
Check it out..