gloomis graphite?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

gloomis graphite?

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:41 pm

Does anyone know what graphite gloomis uses for the CBR845C crankbait rod, and the SBR812C spinnerbait rod? And how would the spinnerbait rod work for topwater baits like a buzzbait or sammy and how would it work for a lipless crankbait? Thank you for the info.

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: gloomis graphite?

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:11 pm

No one knows if they use the gl2, gl3, glx, or imx graphite on the spinnerbait and crankbait rods?

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Actually, they were pretty tight lipped about it when I called and ask about the DSR820C. They said it was a blend of graphites that was most closely compared to an IMX blank. Since I believe they have recently come out with a drop shot rod labeled GLX, that makes sense.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:01 pm

Well I have sent them 8 e-mails the past two weeks asking the exact same thing to all you guys before I buy their product and they haven't responded to me once. What service that is in my opinion anyways. They just lost my service that was going to be my decision on whether I bought there product or not and they don't want to tell me so I won't buy their rods I'll make my final decision and go with the Setyr's.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:09 pm

Oh I agree...it's very insulting when emails go unanswered. I've gotten in the habit of calling and doing time in the que. Once you get a real person on the phone, you can get your questions answered. ;)
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:14 pm

I tried calling once and they had me on hold for almost 10 minutes so I said hell with that too. I really love the feel and quality of their rods fished in a tournament yesterday and my buddy I fished with had a 7 foot gloomis crankbait rod and the setyr crankbait rod and the setyr was better and lighter hands down and they are priced better and if a rod breaks I can take it to his bass pro store and have it replaced for free right there on the spot so you can't beat that. It also made me become a big fan of the split grip handle. He also offered to sell me his 7 6 gloomis flippin rod for 150 bucks cause he said the setyr flippin rod blew the loomis out of the water. Hell of a deal but I don't flip so no advantage to me.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:21 pm

As long as it's a toll free number, it's their dime at least. ;)

What model is your buddy's GLoomis flippin' stick? IMX? $150 shipped to Texas? :D
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:26 pm

I don't really know how serious he was about getting rid of it. He's one of the guys that knows a young guy like me (22 yrs old) has potential and went through what I went through with other pros putting us down for being young and he will do anything he can to help me out. I mean I can really ask him cause he took it out of his boat and took the reel off of it I know he said he pretty well hates it now compared to the setyr. Haha last year a friend of mine and I both 22 came to register for a tournament at a 900 acre lake here in illinois showed up to register 5 minutes late and there were 40 boats and we were the only people with an aluminum boat and a 25 hp motor everyone else had a 150 or bigger and they said ahhh hell let em enter they are just kids. Well we came out of there with first place and the big fish and he was the only one to congratulate us and tell us good luck before the take off. Some pros think that your not a good fisherman unless you have a Ranger or Skeeter whatever you have. The boat doesn't help you catch more fish its the fishermen in the boat.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:38 pm

illinoisbassfishin wrote:The boat doesn't help you catch more fish its the fishermen in the boat.
Yep...same is true for the rod, reel, lure & line...to some extent. ;)
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:40 pm

yes definitely if u work the bait right u can catch fish with an ugly stik ;) its just nice to have a good name right lol.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Ya, that's why I'm saving my mad money for another Megabass rod...I'm *almost* there! :D
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:49 pm

ILBASS, was the setyr crankbait rod a composite rod (glass/graphite mix) or graphite? how was the tip on that rod compared to the cbr? what lake where you talking about that you won that tournament.thanks,jeff

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Mill Creek Park and it is an all graphite rod and it has a great tip and they only have one action which is medium and it's rated for 1/8-1oz the tip was a lot softer compared to the loomis rod I'm not a professional when it comes to comparing tips and such I just know it was a lot lighter and more sensitive when it came to feeling your bait I caught fish with both and like them both but I felt that the Setyr was better it just felt better in my hands

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:01 pm

thanks for the info on the rod,i will have to check them out.never heard of mill creek you must be down in southern IL.I heard that setyr is part owned by bob loomis after he left rogue rods.glad you stuck it to those guys in the tournament .

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Lol wouldn't say stuck it to em just got lucky cause it never happened again just felt good at the time and gave me a little boost of confidence.