FIN NOR MEGA LITE MLX 2000

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
FINNOR FREAK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

FIN NOR MEGA LITE MLX 2000

Post by FINNOR FREAK » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:16 pm

Anybody know when this reel is gonna be out.Oh I need a fix.HURRY UP FIN NOR!!!!!!!!!
Thanks and HF. 8)

gyro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: FIN NOR MEGA LITE MLX 2000

Post by gyro » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:14 pm

Welcome to the board, Finnor Freak. I know what you mean. Technology, whether it relates to fishing tackle or computers, is very addictive. At this point, I need a fix almost everyday. I wish musky lures were cheaper. :wink:

FINNOR FREAK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FINNOR FREAK » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:27 pm

I know.Ain't it baddddd.I am sitting here looking at my spinning reels,around 23 of them,and I act like I don't have one to use.
I love my fin nor reels.I will be going on A 10 day fishing trip next tuesday.My wife said which ones are we taking.I smiled and said all of em.As she walked off she said you got it baddddddddddd.You got that right.
LATER.
The freak. :lol:

Reno Reeler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Reno Reeler » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:49 am

Freak,

Why do you like Fin Nor reels so much? I read that the company was purchased by Cape Fear rods. Do you own a cape fear rod and if so, how do you like it?

FINNOR FREAK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FINNOR FREAK » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:34 pm

Heyyyyyy Reeler.
I was out of fishing for 10 years.I got back into it 2 years ago.I was searching the net and saw a reel named fin nor.Liked the looks and bought it .I had never heard of it before.
It was love at first sight. They have never let me down.They are built very well.
I have a megalite 2000 .I believe I could hall jaws in with it.The tycoon series are outstanding reels.The mega lite is being replaced by the new mega lite MLX. They arenot making the tycoon series anymore either.I have 4 of the tycoon reels .If you catch it right you can get A great deal off ebay on fin nor reels.
Hey its just like everything else.Everbody likes something different.I have tried alot of reels and I alway comeback .
Later ya'll. :D

FINNOR FREAK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FINNOR FREAK » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:17 pm

Oh .I forgot your other question about cape fear rods.I don't have one yet.I really don't know if they're rods are are freah water fishing,which is all I do.But I shore would like to try one out before I buy.
If you watch OLN on tuesdays around 6 or 6:30 P.M central ,there is a show that comes on called addictive fishing.I think that is the name of it.Thats all the guy uses is fin nor ahab spinning reels ,which are for saltwater.It is a great show even if you don't do that type of fishing.They even have A web site with clips where you can watch some of the show.

PS. You boys shore have got a good web site here .I'm glad I found it.
Later ya'll. :wink: