Kistler rods are awesome

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
KoYak
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Kistler rods are awesome

Post by KoYak » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:13 am

Hey guys,

You've all probably read reviews of the Kistler rods on TackleTour. Based on the Helium review, I bought a Helium. WOW! that rod is awesome. So I bought a spinning Helium. Again...WOW!!! I tell myself I need a heavier action rod, so I bought a 7ft MH Mark Tyler signature series...only gets a (lower case) wow! but the Mark Tyler series is one versatile rod. I teamed this rod with a new reel (TORNO 3006 HSI). I have fished 1/8 oz spinner baits, senkos (4 and 5 in), 1/8 - 5/8 oz Jig and pigs, crankbaits of various sizes and up to 3/4 oz spinner baits. I can even pitch and flip with this rod. I HAVE to buy another one. I bought all three of these rods based recommendations from Zander and Trey Kistler. These guys are right on with their recommendations.

If you guys are in a market for a new rod, especially baitcasting, consider a kistler.

PS. I now have to keep my promise to my wife and sell some of my older fishing rods.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Kistler rods are awesome

Post by Phippy » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:59 pm

Thats funny I just received my Kistler Helium LTA rod today. I have the 6'9" version med-heavy but with a slightly softer tip than a normal med-heavy. I'll be using this for my Senko's and smaller jigs.

I teamed the rod up with a Scorpion MG, combined weighs just over 10oz. Extremely light setup with good backbone. Tested it on the way home from work, ended up with 5 smallies all on a 4in Senko texas rigged. The performance was simply amazing.

Nice little present I bought myself as I leave for Maine this weekend on a Smallie fishing trip. Priceless. :D