As Seen on TV

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
dazzle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

As Seen on TV

Post by dazzle » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:34 pm

Do you people buy fishing tackle that's advertised on those
info-mercials?

Some of the products look like it will sit in the tackle box forever
or you want to lose it to snags and stuff.

--Daz

derringer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: As Seen on TV

Post by derringer » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:37 pm

Well my friend, I've been fishing for 25 years and in all that time I've seen a ton of gimmicks. The only thing I've ever sent away for was the "boomerang kit." It's kind of like a dropshot rig. I seldom use it anymore. It's kind of a pain to rig. My friend sent away for those "walking worms" and I got to use some. It didn't seem to catch any more fish than we would have caught using any other plastic worm. Anyway, most of that crap on TV winds up on the store shelf sooner or later for a lot cheaper than on TV.

quantum angler nt
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by quantum angler nt » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:51 pm

I've tried banjo minnows and i think that walkin' worms look like they might work. Have you ever caught fish on that boomerang rig? If so, how do you like it?

derringer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by derringer » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:39 pm

I have caught bass with the boomerang but it's not all that. It's the same principle as the drop shot rig. It's already hit the shelves in walmart. I don't like it because it takes awhile to rig it and it's a little bulky. If you're fishing in and around vegetation, you'll do better putting fishing glue on all your knots and using a Lindy weedless sinker. If you hang it up you could end up losing your boomerang. I sent away for mine but like I said before, most of that stuff winds up on the shelf sooner or later for a lot cheaper than it was on tv. Good luck fishing.