Steez Rod and Guide?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
webwarrior
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Steez Rod and Guide?

Post by webwarrior » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:48 am

So the other day I was fishing with my 7'1 heavy steez rod.. I put the rod in my storage compartment and when I got home, I noticed that the top ceramic guide fell out. I was p*ssed as there were not hooks or anything up there to push it out.. IT just fell out, no damages or anything.. So anyways, I called Daiwa NA and the guy tells me to SUPERGLUE it. I asked him to repeat that so I heard him right and he tells me, yeah just super glue it back on.. Otherwise, bring it in for repair or get a rod tip repair kit. I was LIKE, WTF?? Isn't it covered under warranty? Its only 7 months old. A 500.00 dollar rod should not fall apart like that and then be told to just superglue it back on.? Needless to say, I was disappointed with Daiwa's customer Service.. I might have to revert back to St. Croix Rods.
Pullover! No, it's a cardigan.. Thanks for noticing though!