Difference between old vs new Norman Baby N's ?(DamnPeoples)

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Difference between old vs new Norman Baby N's ?(DamnPeoples)

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Does anyone know if Normans old(white package dubbed "classic") Baby N's are supose to be rattleless and the new (red package) not? I ask because I baught four of them three red package(new) one white(old) and the TShad in the white runs like complete crap to the left and has no rattles(unless there stuck).

Now this is why I mentioned you DP cus you make baits- I know, simple fix just take some pliers and bent the front eye a little to "tune" it. Well.. I hate tuneing plastic cranks (Balsa, Cedar, Jelutong, etc are fine) because I have cracked a ton of them . I destroyed a ton of plastic cranks trying to tune them by cracking the plastic. There just isnt enough metal to bend. Is there a certain way one should do it? Another reason I love Balsa, Jelutong, etc wood cranks because the wood has never cracked or failed on me before when tuneing.

tia (thanks in advance)

The Natural
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Difference between old vs new Norman Baby N's ?(DamnPeop

Post by The Natural » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:34 pm

I've sent 9 Deep Tiny N's the "Pro's Secret" (blue package) baits back to Bill Norman for replacement due to stuck rattles. The customer service person told me I could try tapping them lightly with a hammer to try and loosen them, which worked on a couple, but most ended up going back (some would revive temporarily, but become stuck again). It seems to only be a problem in the smaller Norman baits, i.e. the Baby N and Tiny N series. If they are just running sideways, a quick bend of the eye will take care of that...the stuck rattles are a different matter. Still, even with the hassle, a $3.99 bait with a decent gel-coated paint job and gammy's (pro-edge series) are worth it. No baby N's are rattleless...or shouldn't be anyway :).