Revo STX compared to Revo Premier

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
mdesouza
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Revo STX compared to Revo Premier

Post by mdesouza » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:00 pm

I have always been a shimano guy, gut recently i've been hearing good things about the Revo series from Abu Garcia.

I am thinking of picking one up, but am unsure of which model. It will either be the STX from last season or the new Premier. Is the $60 price difference really worth it. I know that the Premier is lighter then the STX, and that they use different bearings. But is it really that noticeable? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much Mike

jtrotter
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Revo STX compared to Revo Premier

Post by jtrotter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:51 am

keep looking thru the tackle forum... you will see alot of chat on the Revo... I have 4 STX and love them. small, strong, and reasonable in price. I have premier on order. I have fished with Curados, Quantum Tour, and some variety of Daiwa... the Revo is my favorite!
I bleed Orange and Blue.... Go Gators!

spinningreel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by spinningreel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 am

To explain simply the marketing strategies: the Revo STX is the Troy Horse and the Premier line is the Greeks inside of it.

In other words, the Revo STX is the real thing, the Premiere line is exploiting the success and name with inferior products, IMO.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:11 am

spinningreel wrote:To explain simply the marketing strategies: the Revo STX is the Troy Horse and the Premier line is the Greeks inside of it.

In other words, the Revo STX is the real thing, the Premiere line is exploiting the success and name with inferior products, IMO.
That's an odd metaphor ... or is that analogy?

SmokeyJ
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SmokeyJ » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:02 am

Well, its an analogy, but one that doesn't make much sense because the trojan horse itself is what's normally used in an analogy to describe "a person or thing intended to undermine or destroy from within". So, if you were trying to say that the premier is taking advantage of the reputation of the STX, the premier would be the trojan horse. The Greeks inside are part of the package :D . Anyways, I think that might be a little bit of a harsh comparison. My impression is that the Premier is essentially an STX with substantial weight reductions. If the reduced weight is worth the extra money to you, by all means go for it.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:37 pm

SmokeyJ wrote:Well, its an analogy, but one that doesn't make much sense because the trojan horse itself is what's normally used in an analogy to describe "a person or thing intended to undermine or destroy from within". So, if you were trying to say that the premier is taking advantage of the reputation of the STX, the premier would be the trojan horse. The Greeks inside are part of the package :D . Anyways, I think that might be a little bit of a harsh comparison. My impression is that the Premier is essentially an STX with substantial weight reductions. If the reduced weight is worth the extra money to you, by all means go for it.
A better figure of speech, metaphor, in this case, would be

A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING

An undesirable element, hidden within an otherwise acceptable package.

spinningreel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by spinningreel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:51 pm

Seems like my latest post has been deleted.. anyway..

I said, the trojan horse is the original Revo as it was used for market penetration.

Market Penetration

The Max line, especially, exploits the success of the Revo to introduce lower quality products, IMO.

SmokeyJ
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SmokeyJ » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 pm

Well, when you put it that way, it does make more sense :D Wasn't trying to razz on you or anything, I was just confused by the way you phrased it.

fishinfreak21
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishinfreak21 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:31 pm

:pray: please guys, no more english class. Let's keep school at school :lol:

DROCK
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DROCK » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:05 pm

I paired my Revo Premier with a Loomis MBR844C IMX for jiggin. I've only used it on three outings so far and so far I absolutely love it :D Besides the boring paint job, theres nothing I would change.