Help - Which Megabass Rod For Me?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Cal_T
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Help - Which Megabass Rod For Me?

Post by Cal_T » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanting to ask all the guru's out there who know the megabass rods well, which one would best suit my needs.

These are the conditons we are fishing.

-Tight Cover
-Short/Medium distance casts 5-30m
-3/8oz - 5/8oz Lures
-Freshwater

The Fish we are targeting are Murray Cod and are caught around tight structure and commonly encounter them around 5-15lbs but they have the capacity to grow to over 100lbs.

Currently i am using a G.Loomis IMX CR722 6'' and find this rod perfect for the current conditions, but i am after a rod with a split grip and more bling 8-) . If somone could recomend some Megabass rods that would suit my needs it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cal

lonefish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Help - Which Megabass Rod For Me?

Post by lonefish » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:17 am

i never fish murray cod, but u can consider Diablo f5 68xfti i use for fishing toman ( snakehead) here in Malaysia the characteristic of this fish is hiding in a structure area and when they took the bait its will head to the structure, althought f5 maybe over kill but its can throw a variety of bait from flip a jig head in a snag, top water bait and crankbait from 1/4 to 1oz and a muscle to pull a fish from a structure, and a very sensitive rod indeed.
sorry if my english not that good :lol:

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:41 am

The Diablo is wonderful and the Bearing Down would work too I think. And, welcome to TT! 8-)

Dan

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:52 am

Agreed the Bearing Down would be nice rod for tight cover/spaces casting or flipping and pitching. If you haven't check out the review CAL just did on it.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats