Native Sunglasses...

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Native Sunglasses...

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:34 pm

Anyone use the Native Silencer sunglasses? I am looking to get either the Moss/Silver Reflex or the Smoke/Green and was looking for some opinions on what might be a better all around glasses. Also, any feedback on how this model holds up would be great too.

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/produc ... d=10013626&

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Native Sunglasses...

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:37 pm

I would just go with Oakleys. Pick up the half jackets, and you can always get alternate lenses to put in, so you can match any condition. At that $140 price tag for the Natives, you can get a nice pair of polarized Oakleys on ebay.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:53 pm

I know I can get Oakley's for that price...but to be honest, I have tried most of them on and they don't fit me well. These Native's may be the best fitting glasses I have ever tried on, so I am looking at frame options for them...I also like just the regular asphalt/brown.

bab33face
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bab33face » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:01 pm

I own a pair of the Native Hardtop XP in asphalt w/ brown polarized lens. Definitely comes in handy to see right through top water glare!

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:38 am

I have two sets of Natives, love the fit just like you mentioned. I have the Smoke/Green and Black/Rose and the latter is what I wear the most even on the sunniest days. I see alittle deeper into the water with the rose lens. That being said the copper lens might just be even alittle bit better since most of my lakes and reservoirs I fish are really clear.

Anyone try the new Oakley Monster Dogs fishing specific glasses?

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:28 am

I have the Half Jacket Shallow Blue fishing specific glasses from Oakley. They're awesome, definately the best polarized glasses I've had. I don't stray from Oakley because they have great customer service as well as a quality, tried and tested product. In addition to the shallow blue lenses, I have amber, rose, and black polarized lenses, which are great for a quick swap when conditions dictate it.