Rapala subwalker?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
mugs
Angler
Angler

Rapala subwalker?

Post by mugs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Are these available yet? I can't find any listed for sale.

TommyT
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Rapala subwalker?

Post by TommyT » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:01 pm

I purchased some from my local sportsman warehouse yesterday. I plan on trying them out tomorrow.

Thomas

mugs
Angler
Angler

Post by mugs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Do they, by any chance, have a website?
I would be interested on your thoughts about the lure after you try it out.

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by just4kix » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:55 pm

Looking forward to trying them myself. Post your findings if you beat the rest of us to it. :)

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:43 pm

for about a month now i've been using the one below, for inshore saltwater:

initial thoughts? casts great, with a durable finish that holds up well against hook rub & the occassional bump w/ rocks...

however, besides one follow & one miss from small barracuda i havent got any hookups. comparing the action to what you see in rapala's video, it's not as simple as it looks to walk the dog. the "stabilizer fins" don't seem to help with tracking as the lure is all over the place. i'm tempted to ditch it but will give it a few more chances at the lakes. in saltwater the lure is a slow floater. perhaps the action is improved in freshwater :confused:

if you're looking for sub-surface dog walking, there are other lures that i will take over the subwalker every time...

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by just4kix » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:36 pm

That's interesting to hear zenbassr. Thanks for the info. I'm also curious as to whether or not performance is improved under freshwater conditions. What are your takers over the Rapala Subwalker as mentioned? Thanks! :)