Poll: Do you have a secret bait?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".

Do you have a secret or "special" bait?

Yes I do, im willing to share it, and will post it below.
17%
Yes I do, im not willing to share it.
36%
No I dont have a secret or "special" bait.
48%

Total votes: 42

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Poll: Do you have a secret bait?

Post by GAMEOVER » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:22 pm

Okay, we all know there's people out there who have a bait they may consider "their secret or special lure". Perhaps our fathers, friends, or other familly members did and got you started with the idea. Or maybe you just became obsessed with that "one" bait. Whatever your answer please participate. If you choose the option that you would share your secret or "special" bait please reply to this post nameing the bait for others to see.

Thanks to all who participate. I have one more Poll I would like to start when this one slows down.

Oolie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Poll: Do you have a secret bait?

Post by Oolie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:26 pm

i have too many secret baits, i don't really remember any of them, just keep them in the secret bait box.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:21 pm

Oolie wrote:i have too many secret baits, i don't really remember any of them, just keep them in the secret bait box.
How can you forget such a special bait(s)? lol, liar :^o

Now my own answer to the poll question. I chose Yes I have one but im not shareing it. I want to share it but I promised a friend on here id keep it hush hush for awhile. I will always have that special bait but it will and does change adventually to something else.

When it's safe to share my new secret weapon I promise you guys I will (what goes around comes around) so I will. Don't bother PM'n me asking me about it though because I wont tell.

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 pm

I too have many secret baits, and I'm not going to share it because it's a "secret" bait ;)

deadlift
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by deadlift » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:22 am

I told Elvis what my secret bait was ... we all know what happened to him. :shock:
Amistad Tackle

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:52 am

"Secret bait " not really, an important part of how good a bait is depends and it´s found, like usual, in the guy behind the rod handle; but I do have special crankbaits, those one of a kind bait that always catch fish and outfishes their siblings, only problem with such special baits is that they are really hard to find.

Sometimes I get lucky ( or blessed ) in getting one of those on the first time, but mostly I have to purchase several in order to get one, this is specially true with wood baits, wood is unique and two baits even if made from the same piece of wood are not equal, one may be a terminator while the other is just common. Plastic baits are more consistent in action, vibration & wobble or wiggle but you do happen to step ocassionally with one of those "magic" lures.

DougL58
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DougL58 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:16 am

For the last 6 weeks I have been throwing the Yo-Zuri Rattl'n Vibe Lipless Crankbait, Baby Bass. Killing with it. When I switch to anything else proguctivity drops way off. It is my current favroite. When they have seen enough of the Vibe I give them the Peanut!

Pin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pin » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:38 am

Raul:
So true what you said about wooden baits. I've got a #5 Shad Rap in perch that will get bites. I've got other Shad Raps that for some reason won't. Same with some Fat Raps.
Those are the lures you try not to lose. I put so many coats of clear nail polish on those wooden baits so the balsa won't get affected by moisture.

padavid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by padavid » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:54 pm

My latest "secret" bait are my hand poured 4" sticks with the secret recipe

Will share the info but not the recipe

leo33
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leo33 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:41 pm

swimbait and a jig.works every time. 8-)

i believe the secret to any bait is confidence .

Midnightrun1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Midnightrun1 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:59 pm

I swear by a Black and Blue Chatter bait all the time. That REALLY is my go to bait when fishing northern Ill.

Joe :D

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:19 pm

Some of my "used to be secret baits"...

Topwater: Buddha Baits Pop Fire, Viva Pencil & Bug-Eye Popper, C'ultiva Zip n' Ziggy.

Minnow: C'ultiva Rippin' Minnow.

SBs: Custom blade/skirt/arm Sellers Custom.

deepsessions
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by deepsessions » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:54 pm

I have some secretly modified baits ;)

Sean T York PA
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Sean T York PA » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:20 am

Heddon Crazy Crawler at night for smallmouths and a Rattlin Fat Rap size 7 in normal diver not the extra deep diver in the old shad pattern not made anymore. That crankbait is near snagless and catches pigs. I just lost y last one and am noe painting the glass ones to make it look like the older paint scheme. If anyone has the originals they want to part with let me know
Pro Staff HawgheadBaits

SCSS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SCSS » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:47 am

can't comment on Bass but up here in the PNW where Steelhead are king it's not so much the bait but more so presentation, presentation, presentation................