what is the best saltwater inshore rod?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Silv3Rz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

what is the best saltwater inshore rod?

Post by Silv3Rz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:09 am

im gona be in the market for a new rod... i fish 90% inshore... im looking for my first "high-end" baitcaster rod... i also perfer 2pc rods because i mainly travel with public transport... i have a very nice rod case which fits pretty much anything under 7'5...

right now i fish a jdm bass rod.. which is kinda weak... never brought anything over $150 sooo i have no idea what im lookin @... some sugestion please?

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: what is the best saltwater inshore rod?

Post by Derek777 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:49 am

kinda depends on your purpose. are you chunkin live bait? are you tossing plugs? are you jigging? deadsticking? are you fishing from a boat? what species?

Silv3Rz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Silv3Rz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:51 am

mostly chucking bait.. on a 3way ... bottom fishing for soles/rock fish or watever eles i could find... our waters isnt clear enough to use lures. kinda suck. but i will sometimes chuck out spoons to try to catch salmon.

tsang151
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tsang151 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:50 pm

i would say the shimano trevalas or teramars would fit the bill nicely depending upon what weight application and length you are looking for.