Any problems with the Pflueger President Casting reel

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
sony
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Any problems with the Pflueger President Casting reel

Post by sony » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:05 pm

I'm considering buying my pal's President, but he has hardly fished it. Can anyone comment on the durrability of this reel?

John/IN
Angler
Angler

Re: Any problems with the Pflueger President Casting reel

Post by John/IN » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:18 pm

I think it is a great reel, for the 2007 model. I had a Supreme model. It was very good. But the problem is that the company does not have the kind of customer service others do. They falsely advertised Supreme to have aluminum side plate (if you take a look at the box). I called the customer service, they told me to contact the advertising department because it was the department that made the mistake. I also asked them for information on the drag pressure. They never responded. I guess you will have a lot of trouble having the reel repair, should you have any problem with the reel down the road. By the way, I have returned my reel.

John

eastfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eastfisher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 am

I own both of these reels. I find them to be a great reel for the price. We have np problem getting them fixed here. I had a new smaller supreme that the spring came off the spool instead of just giving me a new spool they replaced the reel. I own the medalist in all sizes as well as the supreme , and the president. Buy it , its a good reel.

Schuler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Schuler » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:56 am

I've had no trouble with my 2 presidents. They are good reels IMO.

oldgeezer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by oldgeezer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:11 pm

I own Daiwa TDZ,Zillions,Calais,Scorpion,etc and I can honestly say that the Pflueger President reel has the "smoothest" handle retrieve of them all. Not sure what the reason is, but it is at the "top".

sony
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sony » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:15 pm

Thanks for the replies. I decided to pass only because I can't get used to messing with internal brakes. Otherwise, I must agree that it has the smoothest retrieve I have ever felt.