Steez Spinning Rod: Zander, anyone?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Steez Spinning Rod: Zander, anyone?

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 am

Is there a review for the Steez spinning rod anywhere on here? I found the review for the Feugo that was mounted on a steez rod, but thats it. Thanks!
Last edited by teamdaiwa5 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steez Spinning Rod: Cal, anyone?

Post by Cal » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:52 am

That's Zander's stick.. you'll have to ask him ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Steez Spinning Rod: Zander, anyone?

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:52 am

Zander, whaddya think??

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Teamdaiwa5. Yup I have it here and have been fishing it for a few months now. I'm going to pit it against some more spots and smallmouth and I should be ready to work on a review for Oct release. I can tell you so far that things are looking very good for this rod.

Cpark
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cpark » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:04 pm

I've been wanting one of those myself. I havn't been able to find one in a store around here yet and I was a little concerned about its Med/Lt rating. I don't want a rod that is too light and flimsy at the tip. The lure weight rating they have on it makes me think it will be fine for what I'm wanting it for (dropshot, shakey head, and light TX rigs) just the Med/Lt has me wondering. I just don't like flimsy rods and I want to be sure this one isn't before I order one.

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:10 pm

teamdaiwa5 wrote:Is there a review for the Steez spinning rod anywhere on here? I found the review for the Feugo that was mounted on a steez rod, but thats it. Thanks!
I had it, and hated it. It might have been the sloppiest finish/construction I have ever seen on a rod. I felt the foam grips were cheap did not like the clicking reel seat. I will not go into the story. However, lets just say I am sticking to their reels.

SMR822S-SP-GLX , Megabass F3-610 DGS Aaron Martens Limited , UFM Hatchet Pro4EX, and the legandary F3-610XS are all cheaper and better choices. IMHO These are some serious sticks.

If you put the problems my rod had aside, I would have felt better about it if it was at least $100-$150 cheaper. It is $300 rod, not a $440.

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:35 pm

I gotta agree. I've never liked flimsy rods. I've always liked my spinning rods pretty stiff, up to a softer tip. That's why I like the L&T series...its stiff, but still has enough tip for the finesse presentations...I was just looking to stick with daiwa for my new spinning rod, and the steez was standing out at me.

Cpark
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cpark » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:26 pm

I love all my other Steez rods. I like them better than any rod I've owned. I'll buy a Steez rod for any application they build a rod for but the options are really limited. I'd like to see them add a lot more options to the lineup. Some cranking rods and some topwater/spinnerbait rods, just a good all around selection would be nice. I like rods that are at least 6'10" minimum. I really wish the spinning rod was 7' but as long as the tip isn't real flimsy I'll still buy one. I like the others so well that I can't imagine me not liking that one as well as long as the tip suits me.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:50 pm

teamdaiwa5 wrote:I gotta agree. I've never liked flimsy rods. I've always liked my spinning rods pretty stiff, up to a softer tip. That's why I like the L&T series...its stiff, but still has enough tip for the finesse presentations...I was just looking to stick with daiwa for my new spinning rod, and the steez was standing out at me.
I would agree its light, but not flimsy. I've tossed some serious cranks with this rod just to test the tip. Even the hard vibrating RPM, and landed big fish on it.

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:11 pm

What is the weight and action compared to the Daiwa Light and Tough spinning rod??

WalterE

Post by WalterE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:11 pm

Zander wrote:
teamdaiwa5 wrote:I gotta agree. I've never liked flimsy rods. I've always liked my spinning rods pretty stiff, up to a softer tip. That's why I like the L&T series...its stiff, but still has enough tip for the finesse presentations...I was just looking to stick with daiwa for my new spinning rod, and the steez was standing out at me.
I would agree its light, but not flimsy. I've tossed some serious cranks with this rod just to test the tip. Even the hard vibrating RPM, and landed big fish on it.
It is definitely not flimsy. I have had one since July paired with the Steez 2500 reel. During a trip to Clear Lake in August, there was no problem landing several good size fish.

The construction and finish on my Steez spinning rod appears to be just as good as that on my new Steez baitcasting rod (711HFBA SVF Compile-X), which received a pretty good review. It is my first baitcasting rod and I am loving it :lol:

web