twinpower or certate

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

twinpower or certate

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:02 pm

I have been looking at the certate and actually had time to fool around with it but man the price. I saw the twinpower 3000 surfing the web for JDM and it's said that the twinpower 3000 is the same size as 2500 spinning out fits. How do the two compare and for those that buy JDM reels what do you do for service or what are the warranties?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: twinpower or certate

Post by phatbass » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:52 pm

I would check ebay for the certate thats where I got mine new for 275.00,I like the certate because of its smooth operation and solid feel. the certate has all aluminum constrution where I believe the twinpower is the jdm version of the sustain which has less bearings and graphite rotor and side plate. I wanted the all aluminum construction so I bought the certate,in order to get the same all metal frame in shimano ,you have to buy a stella.

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by OhioChamp183 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:21 pm

First off, Daiwa makes a better spinning reel than Shimano.

That being said:

Certate! 8-)

venomous grin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by venomous grin » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:12 am

PumaJeff wrote:First off, Daiwa makes a better spinning reel than Shimano.

That being said:

Certate! 8-)
wow trying to start a war?...lol
I have a twinpower 3000 and I love it, and I believe it has 6 ball bearings compared to the certate of the same size has 9 ball bearings, the certate is very customizable and parts are easily found, the twinpower lacks these benefits..badly!!!!, but Ive never experienced a problem with my TP so I have no experience with warranties or service. I purchased my TP last New Years from a certain ex-ebay seller insane price cut sale so my reel was way worth it, if I had the money , I'd buy the certate, but by no way is the TP not worth it
Made In The U.S.A.

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by OhioChamp183 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:49 am

:peace:

Opps!

Should say "First off, "I believe" Daiwa makes a better spinning reel than Shimano"

Sorry! :lol:

Zest
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zest » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:37 am

own both,my preference goes to twinpower, it's smoothers and quieter.certate emits some hissing sounds during retrieve

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:01 pm

Zest wrote:own both,my preference goes to twinpower, it's smoothers and quieter.certate emits some hissing sounds during retrieve
thats just the sound of the bait monkey saying you need two more certates. :D
i have a 2500r custom and its freakin great. smooth, sexy, quiet, sexy, awesome drag, sexy, need i say more?

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:44 pm

Between the Twinpower and Certate, I'd choose the Certate.
But Shimano VS Daiwa? That's easy, SHIMANO!!!

I'd take a Stella over Exist anyday.

By the way, I own both the Twinpower and Certate. The Twinpower is one tough reel, and so is the Certate. Both are great reels.

sony
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sony » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:14 pm

Forget both of those reels. I used to think Daiwa made the better spinning reel until I bought my Shimano Stradic FI ;)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 pm

Hissing sound is probably the line roller?

Anyway...IMO, until the Stella level, dollar for dollar...

Daiwa spinners for years have offered more features, better fishability, better line management, superior drag refinement, better bail design, more compact rotor and reel handle length design, and can be cleaned with Rocket Fuel without fear of warranty dismissal. :P

Now, this personal experience doesn't take into consideration Shimano's new spinning reel line-up with Paladin Gear, propulsion line management, Aero Wrap II, etc. Of course, these reels still don't have a rotor brake in the Stradic FI line-up?

Anyway, to answer your ?, the Certate over the TP, except for maybe the MG (I think there is an MG version?) TP with shallow spool and the S-Concept design (not the previous gens that doubled for weaving persian rugs), that is a GREAT reel.

Good luck!

Zest
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zest » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:23 pm

yes,the noise is from the line roller,some certate has less some has more.
if you considering Twinpower MG,you might as well consider fireblood series,it's the same thing with some cosmetics goodies

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:24 am

Yes, that Fireblood is a damned SEXY reel isn't it...I hear it is just shy of the Stella line-up. And the rod line isn't too shabby either.

Hmmm...if the Core made it here, why not the Fireblood?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:00 pm

I am still skeptical of the certate and mainly because of the price. Still today I went to Sports Authourity to play around and found the
Stradic to be Waaaaay more smoother than the Sustain which is far more expensive. Why is that? I am talking first generation to be specific.
I like the look of the Certate and I guess I am leaning that way. I looked on Shimano's 08 listing of spinning reels and want to wait until they hit main stream around here and see what they feel like. Those accronyms are just confusing trying to discpher FI, FD, FA and alike. I know the Mg is magnesium but aside from that I am lost. What do you think of the shimano 08 line up?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:48 pm

I looked at the new stradic spinning and was not impressed at all,my certate
is way smoother and more refined,the only shimano that can compete with the certate is the stella.