Debating between Lamiglas SR 705R or Carrot stix or Puls-R?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
daze
Angler
Angler

Debating between Lamiglas SR 705R or Carrot stix or Puls-R?

Post by daze » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:53 pm

I was originally going to purchase the Puls-r 7'3 casting rod but it got sold out. So now i'm debating on whether to get the 705r, carrot ltx 6'9 mh or wait for the 7'3 puls-r to restock. Any suggestions and information pertaining to any of the rods above is greatly appreciated!

DougL58
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Debating between Lamiglas SR 705R or Carrot stix or Puls

Post by DougL58 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:05 pm

With my Puls-R I can put a 1/4 oz rattletrap out 60 yards and feel it vibrating on the first turn of the reel. I know when it ticks the grass and when it picks up even one blade on the hook.

LOVE my Puls-R, just waiting on them to stock again. They say they will have new stock by the end of this month???

The 6'9" Carrot LTX is the parabolic bend. Watch the video on the e21 web site to see it. Think I'll wait for the regular powers to come out before I pull the trigger on the Carrot.[/u]

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:06 am

Id go carrot stix since they will be in stock unlike the former airrus rods..The Stix also look identical like the puls-Rs, just an orange color and not redish purple. I just dont like the whole leaving airrus to play in the fields and now airrus has barely anything in stock anymore. ](*,) :roll: I might check out the Carrot, but I think the Puls-r will be better stick IF they had it in.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

wrangler
Angler
Angler

Post by wrangler » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:41 am

Airrus does have Puls-r in stock, we are currently out of 2 models all others in stock. We have the 7'2" medium baitcasting in stock and ready to ship.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:24 pm

One MAJOR consideration for the Lamiglas is that the company has been around a LOT LONGER and will probably be AROUND A LOT LONGER.

Also, will probably handle warranty and replacement claims more consistantly over time...ie, fewer if any probs with availability issues.

That being said, I hope it is evident which one I would choose?

None of the three! :P

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:47 pm

I have 2 Puls'Rs and love them both.
I ordered a Carrot Stix and can't wait to get my hands on it. To tell u the truth I'm interested in anything Ken has his hands on.
Especially since the Carrot Stix is at a better price then the Puls'R.
E21 $149.95
Puls'R $205.95

jtrotter
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jtrotter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:54 am

I have two Puls R and love them both... unbelievable feel. I recently switched a reel off one rod and put it on my Puls R and when I ran line thru guides to rig my bait. I could feel the rod transmitting a tiny rough spot on the line... this was not felt on my IM10 Allstar. I rigged it anyway and made a few casts... man o man... the Puls R transmits everything. I removed the reel and put back on several other high end rods and non transmitted that rough spot like the puls R... they are so light, you may think that they are not that stout... don't let the light feel fool you. I yanked a 3lbs bass out of the water upon hookset on the 6'9" MH while pitching grass... sensitive tip, strong butt... with all that said, I will buy more Puls R , and also E21 rods that Ken builds (have carrot on the way)

Puls R prices have come down... shop around and you can find them for around $150 (i believe Delos has them instock)

(note on Puls Rs: some reel cleats may not fit tight in the reel seat... I sent email to Ken before he left Airrus, but never heard back)
I bleed Orange and Blue.... Go Gators!

jtrotter
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jtrotter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:58 am

Wrangler, you said you had stock of Puls R... are you with Airrus? or other dealer... ?
I bleed Orange and Blue.... Go Gators!