sunline

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
bruce S
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

sunline

Post by bruce S » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:09 pm

i have been using super shooter for years , today i opened a spool of 20lb test and to my eyes it had a blueish tint to it, almost like a glow to it , it turned clear in the water , but weird, i check my other spools and some are clear and other have this tint to it , what gives ? :cry:

ZPIfan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: sunline

Post by ZPIfan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:45 pm

PM sent
Sunline, Powell Rods, Team Daiwa, NoSweat Mist, Kaenon, Pepper Custom Lures, Ichiban Minnow & ZPI

bruce S
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bruce S » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:52 pm

pm back , thanks

splash
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by splash » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:36 pm

As it was explained to me, They use blue dye to mark the middle of the spool so you can tell where you are when spooling. An employee got fired at the end of the day so he didn't clean the equipment when he finished. The new guy came in the next day thinking the equipment was clean and started to work. By the time they caught it, several spools gotten out. Most people went ahead and fished with it and didn't see any difference in catch ratio and actually liked it better because they could see it better. They had a few people calling wanting more, but it was a one time accident. If you don't like it, I can get it swapped out for you. That's just the way it was explained to me! :D
Splash
Sponsors: Team Daiwa, Sunline,Dobyns Rods, Humminbird, Hobie Polarized, Minn Kota, SavePhace, Falcon Lures, SnagProof.

bruce S
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bruce S » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:11 pm

:lol: , Close but far . let me explain alittle better, i have two spools one 20 lb and the other is 16 lb . The whole spool looks like the old stren floursent blue. (plus the bright marker in the middle) Go figure :shock: thanks b