SHIMANO SALTWATER RODS

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
eric_m
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

SHIMANO SALTWATER RODS

Post by eric_m » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:57 pm

im looking at my cabelas catalog

and i just have some questions on 3 shimano rods

TALLUS
TALAVERA
TERAMAR

what are the main differences of each?

i want to use one for semi inshore with a saltiga non level wind
and get one for a big spinning reel for friends who dont know how to use non level winds. dont know which spinning reels to get yet, but im going to spool up with 50lb power pro on both.

the tuff butt models are.....

eric_m
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: SHIMANO SALTWATER RODS

Post by eric_m » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:33 pm

:?:

i would like to know :oops:

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: SHIMANO SALTWATER RODS

Post by Derek777 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:52 am

i have a terramar and it is a great inshore saltwater rod. would work great with a non level wind reel. i have mine with an accurate 197c twin drag. nice and sensitive, but still bulletproof.
i also have a trevala that will bend almost in half with no issues. it is also a fairly sensitive rod. its the butterfly jig system rod. bulltproof, and very comfortable to hold when jigging or bottom fishing. i have it paired with a two speed avet mxj 6/4.
both these rods are great, and also available in spinning. and as a real added bonus, are actually reasonably priced, with the terramr coming in at under 100$, and the trevala just over.