E21 at ICAST

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

E21 at ICAST

Post by kbookert » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:40 am

This year E21 FISHING will be the new kid on the block, in the New Products Showcase, which is basically the same position I was in five years ago when I started Airrus Rods. As it was in 2002, I have come across a material and a technology that I truly believe will revolutionize fishing rods, in as much as it is the first really new composite material to be used in rod blank construction since graphite was first introduced in the mid 70’s. In years past I have gone into a lengthy dissertation on the rod that I was going to have in the showcase. This year you will not have to put up with a boring dissertation because I’m not going to tell you what E21 will be showing in the “Showcase”, you will just have to stop by, say hello and have a look see. I will tell you that it is not “CARBON FIBER NANO TUBES” and it doesn’t have a “FILAMENT WOUND BLANK”, actually it is kind of ordinary, except for the technology and the performance. This material, in time, could replace both glass reinforced composites and graphite reinforced composites totally, because it has the inherent qualities of both in a single composite.

I have always had a commitment to my customers that it will never "just make fishing rods, but that I will just make fishing rods better". I would like to extend a personal invitation to each and every one of you to stop by the E21 FISHING display at this years New Product Showcase, introduce yourself and let me personally introduce you to what may very well be the most innovative, technologically superior rod I have ever introduced. If, after seeing what E21 FISHING has to offer, you feel that we have met or exceeded ICAST's New Product criteria, then and only then would I ask for your vote.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: E21 at ICAST

Post by Snidley » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:05 pm

Can't wait to see what you've got Ken. Great to see that you are now working with a Canadian company based in my homee town of Toronto. Snidley

dampeoples
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by dampeoples » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Well, go over there and check it out for us, and let us know, we can't get into iCast :)

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:07 pm

I can't go either but I'm hoping that the TT crew are there with bells on. Russ Bassdozer does a nice ICAST presentation on his website as well. I'm sure we will here all about the offerings from E21, shimano, Daiwa, Lucky Craft and maybe even G Loomis ( a "new" colour of graphite, wow). Snidley

wandy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by wandy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:20 pm

Ken,

Spoke to you a short while back and you sold me a puls'r rod. This was about a week before you left Airrus. I finally got the rod after a very long wait. The wait was worth it and look forward to what comes next. I am actually holding off buying any more puls'r rods now that you are no longer with the company and the uncertainty with the model's future in the hands of Castaway and just prefer to wait (again) and see what comes next.

How long do you expect the consumer will be able to buy something?

b23ball23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by b23ball23 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:53 am

I'll be there, and i'll be working for e21 Fishing :D

You guys are going to LOVE what you see!

I also look forward to meet the TT Crew!

Ben
E21 Fishing, HI-SEAS , Tru-Tungsten/ Picasso, Black Dog Bait Co., Secret Weapon Lures, Catching Concepts Crankbaits, Tournament Plastic Baits, JKruz Eyewear, Mackintosh Realtors, G3 Technologies

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:48 am

I know I look forward to the reviews.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.