Best Chronarch choice article posted

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Best Chronarch choice article posted

Post by Zander » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:13 am

Hi Everyone,

Just finished reviewing the 3 Shimano Chronarch's. Let us know if you have fished with any of these 3 great reels. Do you agree, disagree? Have other baitcasters that you think are better? :D

Tight Lines,

gyro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Best Chronarch choice article posted

Post by gyro » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:35 am

Good even-handed review, Zander. I agree with the overall review. Just wondering how the Chronarchs would compare to the Shimano Scorpion or the Daiwa TD-X or TD-Z. And how does the magforce brake system of the Daiwa TD-X/Z compare to the SVS centrifugal brake system of the Shimano baitcasters?

Also could someone tell me what kind of frog lure is in the review pic? I'm thinking of getting a good weedless frog lure but just not sure which one.

Nitro
Angler
Angler

Post by Nitro » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:45 am

I fish the MG and SF version of this reel. I'm usually in th Delta so the SF is the only reel I can fish over there. I love the reel and it would be my numbe rone choice out of the three as well. For magnesium if you want lightweight the Daiwa TD-Z is still the best in my book.

Gyro, I think that frog is the BOZE, or Gary Yamamoto frog...I think they are one and the same now. But my favorute frog is the old Tournament Frog, they make a huge one, aptly named Frogzilla...that is great for enticing lunkers. There's nothing quite like seeing a fish explode on your surface frog...and it usually happens a second after the frog thumps on the surface.

dazzle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dazzle » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:34 pm

Very nice review and great details. Now it will make it easier
for people and myself to decide which chronarch to buy in
the future. I already own the standard and still enjoy fishing
with it. But definitely will consider the SF model in my
future purchases.

--Daz

gyro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gyro » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:01 am

Thanks Nitro,

what color do u recommend? I've been told white and dark green work great. The Scum Frog is another weedless frog lure that sounds pretty good.

Nitro
Angler
Angler

Post by Nitro » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:10 pm

I like the natural colors like green and brown over anything red or bright yellow. The Harrison Hoge frogs are great because the fish hook up easier on them, but they arn't as good in heavy patches. Another nice thing about the HH Superior frog is it has a very striking white belly, and if you work your rod right you can get this frog to roll over so it looks injured, showing green then white and so forth.

Go with green or brown...