Rod Suggestions

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
tpiorkowski
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Rod Suggestions

Post by tpiorkowski » Wed May 28, 2003 7:30 am

I was interested in buying the Quantum Tour Edition PT Spinning rod. It's the PTS603M model for line weight 6-10. However, I noticed it's a one-piece rod. Since I have a small car, this creates a problem. Can anyone recommend a comparable brand the same quality components?

I live in southern Connecticut. I would be using this rod off shore for trout and large mouth bass. The trout in this area get to be up to 2-6 pounds, it would be true for bass fishing. They do get a little bigger in the reservoir areas.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Tom

gyro
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Rod Suggestions

Post by gyro » Wed May 28, 2003 10:18 pm

what kind of lures do u plan on using? topwater, jerks, cranks, spinnerbaits, etc. Overall, I would suggest the 7ft med light or med action fast taper Fenwick HMG 2 piece, which has high quality components, is very light, and has a lifetime warranty. It's very sensitive and pretty thin so you can feel the hits pretty well and enjoy the fights. Other than that, the All STar IM10x and Shimano Compre/Clarus lines are good but the latter ones are a tad heavy and less sensitive.