Kistler Carbon Steel New Rods

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Kistler Carbon Steel New Rods

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:53 am

Last nite I won a NEW CARBON STEEL ROD by KISTLER on Ebay so I when to kistler web site to see what I got, and to my surprise it was a DEMO for a new line of rods that KISTLER is coming out soon, can't wait to see the rod and will let you know what I think of the rod when I get it.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Kistler Carbon Steel New Rods

Post by frogpond11 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:58 am

hmmmm, that's interesting. Definitely let us know what you think of the rod when you get it..

Pics would be nice too!! 8-)

Justin

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:31 am

Can you post a picture or link us to the ebay listing? Very interesting!

Thanks!
Nautilus......All Roads Lead To The Lake!!!
http://www.440fence.com

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:44 am

That is interesting. I'm not a big fan of Kistler due to personal reasons, but if RWs results come back positive I may take another look.
BlackRock Custom Fishing Rods.
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com

Reel Old Geezer
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by Reel Old Geezer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:51 am

lunker651
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lunker651 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:11 am

That rod looks pretty cool.... I would also like to hear about your opinions when you get it.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:26 pm

Love Kistler.. id take a Kistler over a Loomis any day. Im very curious about that rod post some pics as soon as it arrives.

This was posted by a Kistler forum admin named Kistlero.
This rod is one of the dozen prototype Kistler Carbon Steel Series rods we have be developing for over a year now. This awesome line of rods is the next new creation for Kistler. As soon as we perfect it, we will announce the introduction. I can't really give you any details or we would spoil the surprise.

I don't know how this rod made it to ebay. I guess someone we sent it to test has decided they need money more instead. Who knows? Any Kistler rod on Ebay is bringing BIG money to those who get their hands on one at a discount or free. I guess it is a compliment, but I wanted this to be a secret. Now you know, the rest of the story. I figured the word would get around sooner or later.

If you want to try one of these rods, let me know via PM email. Only have about a dozen left to send out for testing.

and

Guys,

Wow! What an overwhelming response you gave me on our new Carbon Steel rods. Instead of responding to the dozens of emails I received, I will answer all of you here in order to save myself repetition and time.

We only had a few prototypes left over and now they are gone until we get the final version into production. This will not be anytime soon, but it will happen before you know it. All the testing has been completed so all that is left is enjoying them.

I can't really tell you anymore about the rods accept that they are a super nice, priced fair and of course something to get excited about. As you know, we like building rods that are innovative and beneficial to the angler.

I hope you all understand my position here. I appreciate your willingness to test our rods out. I will keep your names on file for our next project.

Thanks again for your desire to help out. In the meantime, please continue to enjoy our current rod styles.

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:52 pm

I wonder where this model stand in their lineup? Below the LTA series?

fishing 247
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishing 247 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 pm

Love Kistler.. id take a Kistler over a Loomis any day.
Are you crazy? Kistler is not even in the same league as G Loomis. Kistler uses cheap low end components on their rods. Loomis Uses Fuji components, just like the ones on those JDM rods you love so much. ;)

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Say what you will but I feel their LTA series is more sensitive then Loomis's IMX series. Ive owned both and sold both. The LTAs are almost as sensitive as the GLX series. Now assuming the LTX series is better then the LTA with the LTA being almost as sensitive as a GLX id think itd be pretty close if not better for Kistler. I hate the guides, those keychain guides, GLoomis uses although they seem quite durable and work.

Spiroh their suposed to be priced inline with or below the LTA series.

splash
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by splash » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:23 pm

fishing 247 wrote:
Are you crazy? Kistler is not even in the same league as G Loomis. Kistler uses cheap low end components on their rods. Loomis Uses Fuji components, just like the ones on those JDM rods you love so much. ;)
Sir, you are mistaken! If you really knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't make statements like tha. I'm not getting sucked into this again, but will reiterate one point: Kistler use to use Fuji and Fuji had problems so they switched to Batson because of it. Batson had some machine tolerence issues and have made steps to correct them. Kistler is now using both Fuji and Batson.
Splash
Sponsors: Team Daiwa, Sunline,Dobyns Rods, Humminbird, Hobie Polarized, Minn Kota, SavePhace, Falcon Lures, SnagProof.

fishing 247
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishing 247 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:26 pm

splash wrote:
fishing 247 wrote:
Sir, you are mistaken! If you really knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't make statements like tha. I'm not getting sucked into this again, but will reiterate one point: Kistler use to use Fuji and Fuji had problems so they switched to Batson because of it. Batson had some machine tolerence issues and have made steps to correct them. Kistler is now using both Fuji and Batson.
Which Kistler rods use Fuji components? NONE of them use Fuji guides. The top US rod manufactures St Croix, Loomis, Falcon, etc all use FUJI guides and reelseats. The top JDM rod manufactures Megabass, Gan Craft, Olympic, etc all use FUJI guides and reelseats. See the trend?

splash
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by splash » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:48 pm

I was at the factory yesterday and again today and saw what they were using. When was the last time you were there?
Splash
Sponsors: Team Daiwa, Sunline,Dobyns Rods, Humminbird, Hobie Polarized, Minn Kota, SavePhace, Falcon Lures, SnagProof.

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:59 am

splash wrote:Kistler use to use Fuji and Fuji had problems so they switched to Batson because of it. Batson had some machine tolerence issues and have made steps to correct them. Kistler is now using both Fuji and Batson.
And I heard Kistler switched to Batson since they are cheaper :|

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:31 am

iangler wrote:And I heard Kistler switched to Batson since they are cheaper :|
This sounds more logical...
---- Catch & Release -----