Sailfish on an ABu REvo STX

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
skinhead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Sailfish on an ABu REvo STX

Post by skinhead » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:16 am

RobRaven1 wrote:Dang u ppl u fool me ...when u talk jerkbait its not over 1 oz huh here jerk bait weighs around 2 - 5 oz and are mainly aimed for Pike! :)
Pretty much the same here in the U.K. Though we do have the Fox Micro Jerk & they weigh in at 1oz ish. Most jerk baiters that I know are throwing 3oz+, and that's always for pike.

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:33 am

skinhead wrote:
RobRaven1 wrote:Dang u ppl u fool me ...when u talk jerkbait its not over 1 oz huh here jerk bait weighs around 2 - 5 oz and are mainly aimed for Pike! :)
Pretty much the same here in the U.K. Though we do have the Fox Micro Jerk & they weigh in at 1oz ish. Most jerk baiters that I know are throwing 3oz+, and that's always for pike.
Welcome to the fold, Skinhead :D :D

Not too many UK residents posting on here, but it make a nice change from the P&P forum, doesn't it? :lol: :lol:

You know you are lost to the dark forces now, and before you know it you will be in possession of a dozen Megabass, Evergreen, UFM & Daiko rods :evil: :evil: :big grin: :big grin:

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:54 pm

I just picked up another revo today... I could not resist and picked up a SX-HS this time.

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:07 pm

It would be awesome if they come out with a slightly bigger version with a deep spool for extra line capacity similar to what Shimano did with the Curado 300. Especially with that monster drag system. The only problem is it would cannibalize their round reel market.

Local Rookie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Local Rookie » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:56 pm

Silv3Rz wrote:thats just inspired me to tackle after lings with my HRF :D but i need a rod like that one :P
I catch Bonitos with my HRF... they are not sailfish, but lb for lb they are one of the strongest fish.

That is pretty awesome to see that little reel do some damage though.

Sir Hacksalot
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Sir Hacksalot » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:24 am

I have caught a 4-5 foot bull shark with a Shimano Citica 200D/St. Croix Premier PC70MF with 12/50 lb powerpro. I have also caught Jack Crevalle in the 30-40 lb range on the same set up. To give you an idea of how strong those things are...I am about 280 lbs, sitting in a kayak full of gear, you're looking at about another 150 lbs, and I was pulled a cool 2-3 miles before wearing the things down.

Granted, it was out of a kayak, and I let him pull me around until he got tired, but I still was able to 'grab the leader' then cut it at the side of the boat to release the shark...I just dragged the jack into the boat and got my She Dog back.

I think some of you guys really underestimate what your gear is capable of tackling...just don't try to horse something like that in like you'd jerk a bass out from cover, and work your boat, and you can wear them down.

Hax

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:11 pm

I love the Nantucket Sleighride. I get mine from big Chinnooks while sitting in my kickboat. I agree fishing for Bass vs fishing for big game that realy pulls is two very different things. I dial down a Daiwa Advantagew and 50lb Rapala Platinum braid and let the big bastards pull. If they are really strong I put the feet up and see how they like the harness, lol. Chinnooks are strong but it's over within 2 or 3 minutes at best once we test their towing abilities. Nothing like a big shark I'm sure. Snidley