Tackles for popping GT??

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
MigueldaMata
Angler
Angler

Re: Tackles for popping GT??

Post by MigueldaMata » Sat May 17, 2003 10:42 am

Jon,

I would love to join you guys for some GT popping, but November is the height of my Peacock Bass season. My only personal adventure / fishing time comes in my off-season May - September and I am trying to work in a snook and baby tarpon trip to the coast of Natal in NE Brazil, but off season work and "honey-do's" are pushing even that trp back.

Uncas admitted to Ky being the GT winner. I saw some video footage that Ky took of one of their trips. GT popping seems a lot like Peacock Bass fishing with big Woodchoppers. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to try it one day soon.

Tight lines,

Mike

Jon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tackles for popping GT??

Post by Jon » Sat May 17, 2003 7:49 pm

Mike ,

Ky has responded , he is currently in Bangkok and told me you are the person who brought him and Uncas to the Amazon from USA .
:roll:

It seems November is good fishing for most places in the world , Komodo is hot in November but the fishing is at it's hottest too . The 3 of us CnR
an estimated 1 ton plus fish in term of weight in 5 days fishing , all taken
by means of popping .
:shock:

OK , let's keep in touch . May be one day we will meet somewhere and fish
together . :wink:

Jon .