JDM Outside Weight Crank

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

JDM Outside Weight Crank

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:22 am

Simple question, what are the SPRO Outsider Cranks based off of? I feel like there is a JDM brand that had a similar design...

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: JDM Outside Weight Crank

Post by Cal » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:33 am

Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:11 am

Cal wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:33 am
OSP Blitz
Appreciate it Cal. I hated to ask such a simple question, but could NOT find out what brand it was. For some reason I thought it was deps or Evergreen.

Either way I'd still be excited to hear what anyone had experienced with the US SPRO version or the JDM. They are quite the pricey crankbait...

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:32 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:11 am
Cal wrote:
OSP Blitz
Appreciate it Cal. I hated to ask such a simple question, but could NOT find out what brand it was. nyone had experienced with the US SPRO version or the JDM. They are quite the pricey crankbait...
Ask away.. that's what the forum is for.. I didn't even remember the OSP Blitz when John Crews showed me the SPRO bait last year :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:20 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:11 am
Cal wrote:
OSP Blitz
Appreciate it Cal. I hated to ask such a simple question, but could NOT find out what brand it was. For some reason I thought it was deps or Evergreen.

Either way I'd still be excited to hear what anyone had experienced with the US SPRO version or the JDM. They are quite the pricey crankbait...
The Blitz gets bit. It was my initiation into JDM cranks past lucky craft. The bill gets fouled up in grass pretty consistently but it’s a crank that pulls them in by it’s own action. I typically activity fish most cranks, but with the blitz not much more than chuck and wind is needed for results. Didn’t know spro had a knockoff version. For me, it does not cast any better or worse than other cranks of similar weight. When I fist started to fish them, I was excited about them. The fouling bill got old and back to lucky craft or balsa I went.