Must have topwaters

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Must have topwaters

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:15 am

Yeah man, that's a possibility for sure, and especially witnessed with hybrid vigor feeding habits, fighting ability, and growth rates.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

flipper502
Angler
Angler

Post by flipper502 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:49 am

Pop Max
Rico
Giant Dog X
Sammy
Lunker Punker

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:14 pm

did you know that the TAT is the easiest prop bait that I have ever had that this easy to walk the dog with...
Its just that good.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:22 am

Evergreen One’s Bug
Yellow Magic (real ones)
STI Pupfish

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:39 am

njbasscat wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am
I catch more on the Lobina Rio Rico than all my other topwater lures combined.
Does your Rico catch air and randomely fly off in one direction or the other? Occasionally going up or down. I use mine on river smallies over deeper pools on calm days when they stop biting other top waters. They hit it violently, but the casting keeps me on my toes.

Not sure if this recommendation is enthusiast tier. The Battle Baits Battle Buzz. The Company is US based and one dude who builds and hand ties everything. This buzz is I guess kinda old school. Thicker wire, clacker, loud squeels, but also has a different feature. There is a blade that hangs over the skirt right behind the prop. It's supposed to emit a flash through the skirt. It kinda makes sense to me. For whatever reason, it's hands down my most productive buzzbait on the river, fishing smallies.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:06 pm

Topwater is my main thing, mostly poppers, walkers and wake baits. I probably own over 400 of them, and that's about 75% of my hard lures. When nothing is catching bass, I just throw topwater, even when the temperature is 40 degree in the winter or 100 degree in the middle of a summer day. In fact, I was fishing kind of finesse and slow in Feb. I didn't get a bite for two hours. I was like "fxxk it, I throw a popper." Sure enough, I caught a bass. My favorite in the middle of the day in the summer is Zara Spook or something in that size. When it's really hot, and nothing else catches fish, Spooks can catch.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:46 pm

I've caught hundreds of bass with these.

- Lobiba Rio Rico
- Megabass Giant Dog X
- Heddon Zara Spook
- Evergreen One's Bug

Not quite 100 bass, but some of my favorites;

- Evergreen Shower Blows 105
- Heddon Meadow Mouse
- Wood Walker

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:00 pm

PursuitFishing wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:39 am
njbasscat wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am
I catch more on the Lobina Rio Rico than all my other topwater lures combined.
Does your Rico catch air and randomely fly off in one direction or the other? Occasionally going up or down. I use mine on river smallies over deeper pools on calm days when they stop biting other top waters. They hit it violently, but the casting keeps me on my toes.

Not sure if this recommendation is enthusiast tier. The Battle Baits Battle Buzz. The Company is US based and one dude who builds and hand ties everything. This buzz is I guess kinda old school. Thicker wire, clacker, loud squeels, but also has a different feature. There is a blade that hangs over the skirt right behind the prop. It's supposed to emit a flash through the skirt. It kinda makes sense to me. For whatever reason, it's hands down my most productive buzzbait on the river, fishing smallies.
I checked their buzzbaits out, and they do look interesting.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:46 pm

the zero will make you a hero
Attachments
IMG_8726.jpg
IMG_8726.jpg (117.7 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible