Busted Vision 110s

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Busted Vision 110s

Post by Drakestar » Sun May 29, 2022 10:09 am

Has anybody experienced Vision 110s that were misbehaving out of the box? I got a couple from Hookup Tackle that are acting weird, both go nose up on every stop. They also seem lighter than my other 110s (they rise where others don't). I tried adding a suspend dot under the nose, but they still go nose up (without rising) on the stop.

I generally love my 110s, and haven't seen this yet. But it's annoying, I can't get these to remain nose down as I stop them, and that extra nose-up motion is killing the action.

Any tips? I don't think I can return them at this point. Might need to put heavier hooks at the front, but I've never had to do that...

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Busted Vision 110s

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun May 29, 2022 11:05 am

Drakestar wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 10:09 am
Has anybody experienced Vision 110s that were misbehaving out of the box? I got a couple from Hookup Tackle that are acting weird, both go nose up on every stop. They also seem lighter than my other 110s (they rise where others don't). I tried adding a suspend dot under the nose, but they still go nose up (without rising) on the stop.

I generally love my 110s, and haven't seen this yet. But it's annoying, I can't get these to remain nose down as I stop them, and that extra nose-up motion is killing the action.

Any tips? I don't think I can return them at this point. Might need to put heavier hooks at the front, but I've never had to do that...
I've never had any problem with MB quality control myself, but I have heard of the baits swelling or warping internally and the sliding weight would get stuck at the back. Try shifting it back and forth to see if you can feel the weight shifting. I'd suggest putting one size larger 3X short-shank trebles on front.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sun May 29, 2022 12:18 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 10:09 am
I had one that filled with water w/o hitting anything, first trip out. Sent it back to MB and they replaced it - very painless process. I think there's a form you fill out on their website and include with the bait, that's it.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Tue May 31, 2022 3:01 pm

Typically the weight gets stuck at the end and causes that issue like Tim mentioned. They are pretty good at replacing defective baits

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:19 pm

I have two that were screwed up. The water gets inside, and the weight transfer thingy doesn't move as it was designed. I don't think I used them more than 2 days.