Any Aliexpress baits worth trying?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Any Aliexpress baits worth trying?

Post by SSS » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:24 pm

Saw these a few weeks back. Paintjob looked very nice, and the price was great, so i decided to order one. Received it today, but haven't had the time to use it yet. Has anyone used anything from Ali that is worthwhile? I've also seen the Dark Sleeper for $1.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000137 ... 4c4djdIW0H

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Any Aliexpress baits worth trying?

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:41 am

Wow. Pretty cool.

If the action is good on those babies, some of the color patterns look like they'd have some of the muskie guys salivating.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:28 am

I've bought some lures off AE... Questions of durability more than anything. Are they ultrasonically welded to hold up, will they fill up with water and rust out etc?

I bought some MB Visions 110's "Bearking" branded. Look good and swim alright, but overall durability - they do feel hell Chintsy.

The other lures ended up on my boys estuary themed mobile.

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Where to start... there’s great stuff on AliExpress. Latest discoveries are exact copies of Duo stickbaits, jackall riserbaits in the smaller sizes. Oh and the Deracoup copies, too. Soft plastics usually do not incorporate any salt but if that’s ok and you’re looking for keitech easy shiner look alikes that last a bit longer - watch out for shops called „ESfishing“ or „meredith“. Further worth checking out: bearking, lthtug

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:57 pm

The YAPADA spoons I have bought are really nice, other the the split rings being made of pasta. They have a great action and are vastly cheaper then even Kastmasters, even with having to replace the rings.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:28 pm

I tried the glide bait today. Awesome action. At very slow speeds, it ain't too good, but at slow, medium or fast, it has very wide glides. Ordering one or two more (currently have the largemouth color and the finish is damn awesome).

Kinda surprised that this lure has such a great action. Wasn't expecting that from a Chinese $13 glide bait lol

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:46 am

Hello, Friend!
I using minnows from AE about 6 years and i can say that quality of these baits increases year by year.
You can look at AllBlue, Bearking, Top Tackle Industries, Counbass official stores.
My favorite baits are:
1. Bearking "riprizer 112": floating minnow, great in shallow and deep near 1 m with seaweeds (http://ali.pub/4yry6m)

2. Bearking "varuna 110": slow floating/suspend minnow with nice jeking action for deep 1-1.5 m (http://ali.pub/4yryb3)

3. Bearking "pointer 100": slow floating minnow, good action for simple retrieve with little pauses (http://ali.pub/4yryhp)

4. AllBlue "duo realis 100": slow floating minnow with nice sound, that forth metal balls inside (http://ali.pub/4yry0l)

5. AllBlue "rerange 130": suspend minnow with magnet casting system, that i using for deep 1-1.5 m (http://ali.pub/4yry2q)

If you interesting, i can wrote a liitle reviews of athother chinese baits, that i using for pike fishing :D.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm

I have the Ito Shiner and the Kanata from Bearking. The ito shiner is great. Casts well, and slashes nicely on a jerk. Kanata casts extremely well, but the action is completely garbage.

And i just noticed, Bearking has made a copy of the mb i-slide for under $10. Have not tested it, tho.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001284 ... 2833iQ3dxg

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:36 am

SSS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm
I have the Ito Shiner and the Kanata from Bearking. The ito shiner is great. Casts well, and slashes nicely on a jerk. Kanata casts extremely well, but the action is completely garbage.
And i just noticed, Bearking has made a copy of the mb i-slide for under $10. Have not tested it, tho.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001284 ... 2833iQ3dxg
Yep, i like Bearking "ito shiner" too. But, i cant catch pikes with this bait yet, only perches.

About "i-slide": 10$ for CHINESE lure is too much, imho :shock:.
Last edited by Loafer on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:47 am

My very local tackleshop seems to think so. He selling Rapala knockoffs for like $4.50 each.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by OkobojiEagle » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Aliexpress isn't a site I choose to use...

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:27 pm

OkobojiEagle wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:54 pm
Aliexpress isn't a site I choose to use...
I was the same until Ray's Studio came out back in 2015 or whenever it was. Chinese spools, handles and baits have improved by a ton.

Ballin21
Angler
Angler

Post by Ballin21 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am

What are people’s experience with AE? Reliable, Trustworthy, etc?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:37 am

Ballin21 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am
They are like ebay here. Lots of different vendors, some good, some not so much. I've had good luck with several transactions. I had one order of a few small parts get sent and delivered to an address in N. California for some unknown reason. I contacted them and they re-sent it the following day. Shipping is slow, anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks with my packages.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:45 am

Ballin21 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am
I find AE sellers to be both reliable and trustworthy. I have purchased several rods, one reel, many lures, many spools, and various accessories from AE. However, while reliable and trustworthy (big plus), quality often suffers. In general, crank / jerk baits are far from original lures, and I dislike the copycat approach. I much prefer original lures. Rods have been OK, and better than reels IMO, although I have suffered breakage issues (e.g. with Tsurinoya rods). Spools are not Hedgehog, ZPI or KTF but still may offer some advantages compared to original spools - especially with lighter baits. I do like some of the stuff that I have. Still, if I could return it all and receive JDM stuff $ for $ then I would do so instantly. But that is probably just me. You will catch plenty of fish using AE tackle.