MB Deep X 200 LBO

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Post Reply
jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:21 pm

MB Deep X 200 LBO

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Are these the same as the Deep X 200T but with the LBO weight transfer? I got suckered into buying a couple even though I already have a good stash of the 200T. I couldn't resist Sexy French Pearl and MB Gizzard.

Just curious if anyone has compared the new LBO version to the 200T

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Re: MB Deep X 200 LBO

Post by reason162 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:49 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 pm
Are these the same as the Deep X 200T but with the LBO weight transfer? I got suckered into buying a couple even though I already have a good stash of the 200T. I couldn't resist Sexy French Pearl and MB Gizzard.

Just curious if anyone has compared the new LBO version to the 200T
Never used the old ones but I picked up a couple just for the LBO. Deciding if I want a couple of the 100s too...it's gonna be a long winter tackle season!

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:21 pm

Re: MB Deep X 200 LBO

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:58 am

reason162 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:49 pm
jerkbait22 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 pm
Are these the same as the Deep X 200T but with the LBO weight transfer? I got suckered into buying a couple even though I already have a good stash of the 200T. I couldn't resist Sexy French Pearl and MB Gizzard.

Just curious if anyone has compared the new LBO version to the 200T
Never used the old ones but I picked up a couple just for the LBO. Deciding if I want a couple of the 100s too...it's gonna be a long winter tackle season!
Lol - I had to stop myself from buying the 100 version as well. Cabin fever is very dangerous towards my wallet! Don’t know about you but I’ve got about 4 months to go before I’m fishing again.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Re: MB Deep X 200 LBO

Post by reason162 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:04 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:58 am
Lol - I had to stop myself from buying the 100 version as well. Cabin fever is very dangerous towards my wallet! Don’t know about you but I’ve got about 4 months to go before I’m fishing again.
I think we fish the same region, and yeah this year the tackle monkey got on my back way early. Pretty sure by the time Spring rolls around we'll both have a few deep x 100s too lol...

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Re: MB Deep X 200 LBO

Post by reason162 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:56 am

jerkbait22 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:58 am
Lol - I had to stop myself from buying the 100 version as well. Cabin fever is very dangerous towards my wallet! Don’t know about you but I’ve got about 4 months to go before I’m fishing again.
Threw the Deep x 200 LBO around a bit, thing doesn't want to dive quickly to depth at all. I'm sitting in 12ft casting into 6...it's not hitting bottom until well beyond 1/2 way back to the kayak. These are not especially steep banks.

I'm not a big crankbait expert, but I'd say this one is not a winner for me anyway. They do cast very, very well, even into the wind.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:21 pm

Re: MB Deep X 200 LBO

Post by jerkbait22 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:05 pm

reason162 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:56 am
jerkbait22 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:58 am
Lol - I had to stop myself from buying the 100 version as well. Cabin fever is very dangerous towards my wallet! Don’t know about you but I’ve got about 4 months to go before I’m fishing again.
Threw the Deep x 200 LBO around a bit, thing doesn't want to dive quickly to depth at all. I'm sitting in 12ft casting into 6...it's not hitting bottom until well beyond 1/2 way back to the kayak. These are not especially steep banks.

I'm not a big crankbait expert, but I'd say this one is not a winner for me anyway. They do cast very, very well, even into the wind.
I fished mine today. I was able to get it down to about 10 feet on 12lb fluoro on a long cast. No bass but did have a brown trout follow me in. Seems to deflect pretty well, I only hung it a few times and every time when I came to the other side of the snag it popped right out. The LBO system is nice, I was casting into 10mph wind with zero issues.

Post Reply