Suspending baits?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Post Reply
User avatar
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Suspending baits?

Post by Craigthor » Wed May 29, 2019 4:39 am

On the quest to find other suspending baits I’ve currently been using Smith Panish 85SP they are 85mm 6.6g in Rainbow Trout and the few I have are about gone, broke off a big guy in some rocks last night. Unfortunately they won’t be doing another run until spring 2020. So I’m looking for other baits that fit the similar length and weight preferably in trout colors. Guessing there have to be other baits that fit the bill I’m just not finding them.

JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1519
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Suspending baits?

Post by JBcrankaddict » Wed May 29, 2019 8:13 am

I like the Flash Minnow 85sp. Great little bait that casts well for its light weight.

User avatar
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Suspending baits?

Post by Craigthor » Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:13 am
I like the Flash Minnow 85sp. Great little bait that casts well for its light weight.
Do you know the difference between the N and R versions?

User avatar
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Suspending baits?

Post by Craigthor » Wed May 29, 2019 3:03 pm

Ordered a couple to try out they look perfect spec wise.

JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1519
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Suspending baits?

Post by JBcrankaddict » Wed May 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Craigthor wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 am
JBcrankaddict wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:13 am
I like the Flash Minnow 85sp. Great little bait that casts well for its light weight.
Do you know the difference between the N and R versions?
No idea. I don’t even see that on the packaging anywhere but see what you mean on their site. :-k

User avatar
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Suspending baits?

Post by Craigthor » Thu May 30, 2019 3:53 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:49 pm
Craigthor wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 am
JBcrankaddict wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:13 am
I like the Flash Minnow 85sp. Great little bait that casts well for its light weight.
Do you know the difference between the N and R versions?
No idea. I don’t even see that on the packaging anywhere but see what you mean on their site. :-k
Can’t find any differences explained I wonder it is a year thing. Really like the looks of that Night Storm might need to try to find some though it looks to be an old color.

Post Reply