Imakatsu Gekiasa 2 Alive Roller/Foot Magic

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Imakatsu Gekiasa 2 Alive Roller/Foot Magic

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 am

I know we have a few Imakatsu fans on the board, anyone ever thrown these jerkbaits? Let me know your opinion on these if you have any experience with them. Just ordered a couple Alive Rollers in Green Smelt(hopefully they were really in stock) and was curious on true depth and action when ripped(how erratic?). Videos show the rolling action on straight retrieve, and the sweet rolling action as the bait floats, by not much video of actually twitching the bait. They look great and I am hoping they work well in our shallow clear water situations. Thanks!

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Imakatsu Gekiasa 2 Alive Roller/Foot Magic

Post by reason162 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:40 pm

I'll be waiting for your review on these, the float-shimmy looks amazing lol...

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:07 am

reason162 wrote:I'll be waiting for your review on these, the float-shimmy looks amazing lol...
I’ll definitely post up some thoughts when they get here. That action on the float is different, and is something that I hope will make some followers commit to it. Have lots of baits that wobble/shimmy while they sink, but not so much for the floaters.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 am

Finally got a confirmation email, hopefully I’ll have these by mid week. Gotta say, some of these colors make me :lol: Definitely puts a different spin on orange!

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:49 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:Finally got a confirmation email, hopefully I’ll have these by mid week. Gotta say, some of these colors make me :lol: Definitely puts a different spin on orange!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:51 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:Finally got a confirmation email, hopefully I’ll have these by mid week. Gotta say, some of these colors make me :lol: Definitely puts a different spin on orange!
I honestly have a feeling this pattern would slay the pike. 8-)

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Its so unique I had to buy one. Gonna try to catch a few redfish on it, and like pike they are pretty aggressive, so I’m hoping it will crush them. We will see...

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:06 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:
Its so unique I had to buy one. Gonna try to catch a few redfish on it, and like pike they are pretty aggressive, so I’m hoping it will crush them. We will see...
Nice! Let us know how it works out please. :)